disguised holsters

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

disguised holsters

Post by tommyg »

I have seen several ad for holsters disguised as cell phone cases etc.

.are they legal to concealed carry in Texas :???:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

twomillenium

Re: disguised holsters

Post by twomillenium »

tommyg wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 pm I have seen several ad for holsters disguised as cell phone cases etc.

If the holster conceals the handgun, then isn't that the definition of concealed?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

tommyg wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 pm I have seen several ad for holsters disguised as cell phone cases etc.

Maybe it’s a cell phone case disguised as a holster.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Be careful that you do not assemble a firearm into a wallet holster. Doing so creates an NFA "any other weapon" and requires a tax stamp.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-g ... -section-9
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have used the Sneaky Pete holster. I believe they fully meet the legal definition of concealed. When I used it, no one at work recognized it immediately as a holster and a few asked me what it was. I had bought the gray cordura holster with power pack symbol on it for my Glock 43.

It does require some practice drawing to get used to. In addition to the flap requiring different motions to clear the pistol, the holster holds the pistol close and blocks your hand from getting a good grip, especially between your body and pistol. The flap did not bother me too much because I carried that way as an MP and was used to flaps. The not getting a good grip did bother me though.

What got me to stop using the holster was a motorcycle accident where I slip at least partially on the holster. It was destroyed from the friction of the slide. But it did protect the pistol with no damage to it and it also stopped me from getting any road rash in that area.

Overall, I recommend it much more than I recommend ankle holsters or purse/briefcase carry.
Steve Rothstein

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

srothstein wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:14 am What got me to stop using the holster was a motorcycle accident where I slip at least partially on the holster. It was destroyed from the friction of the slide. But it did protect the pistol with no damage to it and it also stopped me from getting any road rash in that area.
That right there would give me inclination to get another one! Saved the pistol and your hide at the same time.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”