Jihadist leader killed by rarely used Ginsu Hellfire missle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Jihadist leader killed by rarely used Ginsu Hellfire missle

Post by twomillenium »

puma guy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:36 pm But Wait!! For a limited time we'll double the offer, so you get two Ginsu Rockets for the single low price of one, just pay shipping and handling. :biggrinjester:
Don't forget the "LIFETIME" warranty.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

delete double post
Last edited by twomillenium on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

E.Marquez wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:20 am Birds of a feather, flock together. I feel like a bomb that kills everyone around the terrorist is beneficial. Kill them all and let god sort them out.
Let me know how you feel about that after being sent in to do a post strike assessment..
Let me know how you feel about "Kill them all and let god sort them out." when your stepping over children's body parts, or offering a bit of candy to a whaling child standing over they dead father, sister, mom..because a bit of candy is all you can do.

When you have done that, your thoughts on "Kill them all and let god sort them out." will be valid and valued.
If you have never been on the ground to do what I mention above, I cant fault you for you having no understanding of what you said. I can only tell you from my perspective, its not ok.
Let me know how you feel when you lose a dear friend or loved one at something like Bengazi.
Let me know how you feel when you lose a dear friend of loved one in an attack like 9/11. Have you forgot?

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

twomillenium wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 am Let me know how you feel when you lose a dear friend or loved one at something like Bengazi.
Let me know how you feel when you lose a dear friend of loved one in an attack like 9/11. Have you forgot?
Again, when you have the on the ground experience of cleaning up collateral damage, I'll find your opinion valid, agree or disagree is another thing all together
And while I likely shouldn't, I'll respond to your ad hominem attack.
I did lose someone in 9/11,several someones in Iraq, several dozen in Afghanistan, and no I have not forgotten 9/11. I've also been on the ground in Panama, Iraq twice, Afghanistan once and yet, I feel the way I do about minimizing collateral damage and disagree completely with "Kill them all and let god sort them out."
Clearly your opinion differs, to each his own.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Just wait until the slap chop option is added.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

It doesn't hurt my feelings if there is collateral damage taking these scumbags out. However, if we have the capability to limit the collateral damage to just the scumbag in his car and nobody else, I don't see how that is a bad thing.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike S »

E.Marquez wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:01 am
twomillenium wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 am Let me know how you feel when you lose a dear friend or loved one at something like Bengazi.
Again, when you have the on the ground experience of cleaning up collateral damage, I'll find your opinion valid, agree or disagree is another thing all together
And while I likely shouldn't, I'll respond to your ad hominem attack.
I did lose someone in 9/11,several someones in Iraq, several dozen in Afghanistan, and no I have not forgotten 9/11. I've also been on the ground in Panama, Iraq twice, Afghanistan once and yet, I feel the way I do about minimizing collateral damage and disagree completely with "Kill them all and let god sort them out."
Clearly your opinion differs, to each his own.
E. Marquez,

I appreciate your service, mourn your losses, and echo your sentiment. I was never tasked with a post-strike assessment, but have seen the carnage of what an IED does to our fellow man; I won't describe that here. While I was fortunate to have not lost a U.S. teammate, we did suffer loss of our partners in more than one theater. I have attended memorials for numerous other operators, some of whom I knew, while others were members of our Group that I hadn't met. I don't say any of this to tout my own service, only to say I've been in the ring and both understand and agree with your perspective.

There are times when civilian casualties and collateral damage to infrastructure cannot be avoided, but it is always in our interest to avoid when possible, or mitigate the effects of it when unavoidable. Aside from the effects at an individual level, there are operational and strategic level considerations.

The R9X is one tool in a pretty large tool chest of options. Compared to the economic cost of another 9/11 or the deployment of major combat forces, it's a pretty cost-effective measure to employ.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

E.Marquez wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:20 am Birds of a feather, flock together. I feel like a bomb that kills everyone around the terrorist is beneficial. Kill them all and let god sort them out.
Let me know how you feel about that after being sent in to do a post strike assessment..
Let me know how you feel about "Kill them all and let god sort them out." when your stepping over children's body parts, or offering a bit of candy to a whaling child standing over they dead father, sister, mom..because a bit of candy is all you can do.

When you have done that, your thoughts on "Kill them all and let god sort them out." will be valid and valued.
If you have never been on the ground to do what I mention above, I cant fault you for you having no understanding of what you said. I can only tell you from my perspective, its not ok.
Since those kids are raised to be terrirists, I’m ok with it. :tiphat: :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:20 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm
WildBill wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:52 pm Very interesting. I had no idea there was such a weapon. Definitely not cost effective.
It’s more cost effective than a Hellfire missile if you’re concerned about collateral fatalities/injuries. If $$/KIA is the only metric, then a $1.50 .308 bullet is cheaper yet when it comes to assassinations of foreign military leaders—even though it might be impossible to pull off without sacrificing the man who pulls the trigger. On the other hand, the Ginsu missile is probably a great choice for assassinating jihadis at those famous weddings where dozens of non-combatants get massacred by a 1000 pounder.
Birds of a feather, flock together. I feel like a bomb that kills everyone around the terrorist is beneficial. Kill them all and let god sort them out.
It’s not that they’re not birds of a feather, it’s that the inevitable blowback from the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) doesn’t serve any good. Why give them any ammunition to second guess and criticize these things?

The main thing that would worry me is that once you take collateral damage out of the picture, there’s nothing to stop a gov’t from using one of these on one of its own citizens if that person's continued existence becomes too inconvenient.

I’ll just let that sit there for a while. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/was-t ... day-632232

Used again this Time in Syria. Calling in Ninja this time.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 pm https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/was-t ... day-632232

Used again this Time in Syria. Calling in Ninja this time.

I saw that thing on an info-mercial late one night.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:20 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm
WildBill wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:52 pm Very interesting. I had no idea there was such a weapon. Definitely not cost effective.
It’s more cost effective than a Hellfire missile if you’re concerned about collateral fatalities/injuries. If $$/KIA is the only metric, then a $1.50 .308 bullet is cheaper yet when it comes to assassinations of foreign military leaders—even though it might be impossible to pull off without sacrificing the man who pulls the trigger. On the other hand, the Ginsu missile is probably a great choice for assassinating jihadis at those famous weddings where dozens of non-combatants get massacred by a 1000 pounder.
Birds of a feather, flock together. I feel like a bomb that kills everyone around the terrorist is beneficial. Kill them all and let god sort them out.
It’s not that they’re not birds of a feather, it’s that the inevitable blowback from the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) doesn’t serve any good. Why give them any ammunition to second guess and criticize these things?

The main thing that would worry me is that once you take collateral damage out of the picture, there’s nothing to stop a gov’t from using one of these on one of its own citizens if that person's continued existence becomes too inconvenient.

I’ll just let that sit there for a while. :mrgreen:
Missed this post somehow but TAM’s remark above is spot on. I’ve been through Bosnia in the 90’s with unimaginable atrocities. Be careful.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

jason812 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 am Just wait until the slap chop option is added.
:lol::
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”