Grabagun has them in stock for $399.99
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Smith and Wesson releases M&P EZ in 9mm

Post by Beiruty »

Do they have Performance Center version?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I bought my Daughter-In-Law a .380 EZ last year for Christmas. She really likes the gun. I'm not sure how they make a 9mm slide any easier to rack. In .380ACP, the EZ is large for caliber, so the extra weight of the slide makes it possible to use a lighter recoil spring. No so for a 9mm.

Chas.

Edited to add:

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

Beiruty wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm Do they have Performance Center version?
Performance Center site doesn’t show any EZ in 9mm....yet. The PC 380 EZ is still listed in the NEW category, probably be a few months before there’s a PC EZ 9.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I wear an MP EZ in .380 (9mm Kurz) caliber in legal CC places. Thankfully, I haven't had to shoot anybody as yet with its' little bullets; however, it is comforting and it sure is comfortable to CC.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 pm
Beiruty wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm Do they have Performance Center version?
Performance Center site doesn’t show any EZ in 9mm....yet. The PC 380 EZ is still listed in the NEW category, probably be a few months before there’s a PC EZ 9.
I will be interested in PC EZ9 just for its novelty.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:04 pm I'm not sure how they make a 9mm slide any easier to rack. In .380ACP, the EZ is large for caliber, so the extra weight of the slide makes it possible to use a lighter recoil spring. No so for a 9mm.

Chas.
No offense intended, but I hope you are wrong about the 9mm version! :lol: I'm looking forward to trying one out- my wife, mother in law and young son all need something that is a little easier to manipulate.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

:clapping: I sent S&W an email back right after the .380 version came out recommending they produce a 9mm version. I got a call from one of their design team leads and he said they were always looking for new options and wanted input from an instructor. I advised that many of the students I taught were challenged to rack slides, and the EZ platform was a great benefit to them. However, I felt the .380 was underpowered and while still a compromise over higher powered rounds, the 9mm at least would be a suitable option. We also chatted other calibers and their models a bit, as well as some of the models from competitors. It was a really good discussion and the gentleman thanked me for the time and input.

I will be interested to see how the pistol stands up to hotter defense rounds with their ballistic characteristics.

I think S&W should send me a complementary pistol for my assistance :mrgreen: but just in case they don’t, this will be my next pistol purchase. :anamatedbanana
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

flechero wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:04 pm I'm not sure how they make a 9mm slide any easier to rack. In .380ACP, the EZ is large for caliber, so the extra weight of the slide makes it possible to use a lighter recoil spring. No so for a 9mm.

Chas.
No offense intended, but I hope you are wrong about the 9mm version! :lol: I'm looking forward to trying one out- my wife, mother in law and young son all need something that is a little easier to manipulate.
I hope I'm wrong too! In the video I linked above, he stated that the slide is not as easy to rack as the 380, but it is the easiest 9mm slide he has seen. That's encouraging.

Chas.

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

Well, against my normal "don't buy a brand new model" mentality, I ordered one.... hoping any bugs were worked out with the .380 version.

I will report my findings once it's in hand. :fire

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gtolbert09 »

Just picked mine up from GrabaGun. I’ll take it to the range tomorrow. It feels like it’s a few ounces heavier and the slide is slightly harder to rack, but it is new. It looks just like the 380 version and magazine looks the same as well. I’ll take it and my 380 EZ to range and shoot them side by side. More to come.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

gtolbert09 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:20 pm Just picked mine up from GrabaGun. I’ll take it to the range tomorrow. It feels like it’s a few ounces heavier and the slide is slightly harder to rack, but it is new. It looks just like the 380 version and magazine looks the same as well. I’ll take it and my 380 EZ to range and shoot them side by side. More to come.
Spent the morning at the range with both the EZ 380 and the EZ 9mm. The 9 is just a little bit heavier. Recoil isn’t bad at all. Very accurate. The magazine for the 9mm has 2 helper tabs instead of one like the 380. This pistol will be popular with folks that have weak wrists\hands and ladies. I shot 50 rounds thru both and they were flawless. Ammo was Spear Lawman 124 gr FMJ 9mm and Spear Lawman 95gr FMJ 380.

It’s a keeper.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/29Gs2TzRz5zHfn617

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NMEuTC2yjKgXh6f56
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

gtolbert09 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 pm
gtolbert09 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:20 pm Just picked mine up from GrabaGun. I’ll take it to the range tomorrow. It feels like it’s a few ounces heavier and the slide is slightly harder to rack, but it is new. It looks just like the 380 version and magazine looks the same as well. I’ll take it and my 380 EZ to range and shoot them side by side. More to come.
Spent the morning at the range with both the EZ 380 and the EZ 9mm. The 9 is just a little bit heavier. Recoil isn’t bad at all. Very accurate. The magazine for the 9mm has 2 helper tabs instead of one like the 380. This pistol will be popular with folks that have weak wrists\hands and ladies. I shot 50 rounds thru both and they were flawless. Ammo was Spear Lawman 124 gr FMJ 9mm and Spear Lawman 95gr FMJ 380.

It’s a keeper.

The outstanding aspect of the 380EZ for people with weak, injured or aging hands is the ease with which the slide can be racked. Do you think the 9mm EZ will be a good fit for those folks?

Chas.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

The outstanding aspect of the 380EZ for people with weak, injured or aging hands is the ease with which the slide can be racked. Do you think the 9mm EZ will be a good fit for those folks?

Chas.
This morning I held one at Pasadena gun show
Obviously I couldn’t fire it
But I did rack the slide a few times and did so next to a 380EZ and Shield 9

Of course the 380EZ is the easiest
The 9MM EZ was certainly better than the Shield 9, but honestly, not significantly.

It’s hard to put a scale on it, but to give some rational to how I would rate it
if a 380EZ is the benchmark, call it a 10 (10=best for ease of racking)
Then I would rate the Shield 9 at a 5-6
And the 9MM EZ at a 7, maybe 7.5

I think it certainly would help those, somewhat, who need the assist
However I would suggest to anyone arthritic or other, to get the 380EZ

Being I couldn’t shoot the 9MM EZ, I can’t say 100%, but I do own the 380EZ as well and have shot it several times and have a good feel for the racking and loading vs several other hand guns - and the 380EZ is hard to beat, if you need the help
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 pm
gtolbert09 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 pm

It’s a keeper.

Chas.
I think it would. I also think the more I shoot it that it’ll get easier to rack. The grip isn’t as rough as the other M&P pistols. My wife and daughter found it easy to rack. They both have small hands. I thought the magazine was easier to load since it has 2 tabs on each side.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”