Sig P938

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PlatinumCouch
Posts in topic: 1

Sig P938

Post by PlatinumCouch »

I am considering the SigSaur P938 for Concealed Carry. Does anyone on the board have experience with the model? I know we will have debate on Hammer Fire VS Striker Fired. Any input from the group would be helpful before I make this somewhat expensive purchase. Thanks!
I carry, not because I hate what is in front of me, but because I love what is behind me.

DEB

Re: Sig P938

Post by DEB »

I bought one several months ago and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Great trigger, great accuracy all around great little weapon. I usually carry it in pocket carry at Church and other places where I want to be a bit more hidden. I have shot about 300 rounds through mine, my only complaint is loading the magazines. They have the sharpest lip on them that I have ever experienced. Cut my finger reloading at the range. But, I did find out that both the Kimber Micro 9 and the Springfield 911 magazines will fit, I personally checked the Micro 9 fit and seen the 911 on YouTube. So, I am now going to get the Micro 9, 8 round magazine for another extra round. I think that you cannot go wrong with this weapon. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Daniel Bertram
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

SamBodie

Post by SamBodie »

I have one I obtained when they first came on the market. It's a fine little shooter, great sights and very accurate for it's size. If you get one you should remove the left grip panel and check/clean the transfer bar periodically as it can cause a failure to fire if it gets an accumulation of sweat and lint around it. I learned that lesson thankfully without having a need for it in a serious social situation. The trigger, transfer bar and sear are very similar to the STAR pistols if you are familiar with those.

Sam

DocV

Post by DocV »

There is a nice one for sale here:
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=97913&p=1272996#p1272996

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I carry mine at least a couple of times a week. It is a mainstay in my carry rotation. Bought it for my bride but it bit her and she didn't want it anymore so I got her a revolver and I inherited the P938. Has about 1000 rounds downrange without a hiccup.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

My wife has one. She borrowed a friends SAS and really liked it except for the grip. She went to Cabela's and tried one with the Hogue rubber grip and the rest is history. I admit that when I shoot it I have a hard time giving it back to her. She must carry very concealed so it works well.

She has had zero problems and is nearing 1000 rounds.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Love mine. It’s my frequent “round the house” gun. Bout 2k rounds down the pipe and 100%. For its tiny size it is incredibly accurate.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

I'm not a "Sig Guy", so my praise of the P938 doesn't come from any sort of brand loyalty. My 938 is my primary CC gun and is the best shooting pocket gun that I've ever fired.

As was stated before, reliability can suffer with a little dirt or lint. The 938 is not near as snappy as you would expect out of a small gun. as for accuracy, head shots on an IDPA target at 15 yards are easy peasy.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”