Trijicon RMR?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Trijicon RMR?

Post by carlson1 »

Placing a Trijicon RMR on a Glock what is the preference for the MOA? I have seen 3.25MOA up to 6.5MOA. Also is there a favorite from Type 1, Type 2, etc....?

One more question is the Trijicon RMR Type 2 Adjustable LED Sight (1.0 MOA Red Dot) mean the dot is adjustable from 1.0 to 6.5 or what have you?

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trijicon RMR?

Post by Jago668 »

Get the type 2. The adjustable means you can adjust the brightness of the dot. I prefer a larger dot as I am not shooting a pistol at distances that a larger dot is a negative. Others like John Lovell (Warrior Poet Society if you want to look up his stuff online) prefer the smallest dot. One competitive shooter prefers the middle size. So there is no consensus on dot size.

Here is a quick read on the differences of the type 1 type 2.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/differen ... icon-rmrs/
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jago668 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:03 am Get the type 2. The adjustable means you can adjust the brightness of the dot. I prefer a larger dot as I am not shooting a pistol at distances that a larger dot is a negative. Others like John Lovell (Warrior Poet Society if you want to look up his stuff online) prefer the smallest dot. One competitive shooter prefers the middle size. So there is no consensus on dot size.

Here is a quick read on the differences of the type 1 type 2.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/differen ... icon-rmrs/
John Lovell also says you should have the brightness turned down far enough that you should only be able to barely see it. I think he advocates that so that "dot bloom" won’t obscure your target, and also so that it won’t be too bright if something goes bump in the night. But both of my RDSs (both on long guns) have 1 MOA dots, and bloom isn't really an issue with a dot that small until you get it turned all the way up....and even then it’s not in the realm of "unusable". My own astigmatism presents a bigger issue than bloom. So I turn mine up to a couple of clicks brighter than "barely visible".
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”