Sig 210/P49

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasVet
Posts in topic: 2

Sig 210/P49

Post by TexasVet »

I am looking to see if there is anyone in the DFW area, who 1) owns a Swiss Sig P-210 or P49 in 9mm and 2) would be willing to let me shoot it. I am happy to travel to your range and bring ammo (brass cased, factory) or alternatively you would be welcome to come to Dallas Pistol Club as my guest to shoot there (and I could bring something unusual too). I am very interested in one of these classic guns, but before dropping 3K on one, I would like to make sure I don't hate it. Feel free to PM me here. Thanks!

boxermoose
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sig 210/P49

Post by boxermoose »

Can’t help but I will say you have good taste in firearms

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

TexasVet wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:04 pm I am looking to see if there is anyone in the DFW area, who 1) owns a Swiss Sig P-210 or P49 in 9mm and 2) would be willing to let me shoot it. I am happy to travel to your range and bring ammo (brass cased, factory) or alternatively you would be welcome to come to Dallas Pistol Club as my guest to shoot there (and I could bring something unusual too). I am very interested in one of these classic guns, but before dropping 3K on one, I would like to make sure I don't hate it. Feel free to PM me here. Thanks!
Good luck! I'm sure you've heard about the new P-210 Target that's now made in the USA and would cost you much less. The Swiss P-210/P49 is legendary as the pistol that debunked the myth that the 9 x 19mm cartridge wasn't as accurate as others used for various forms of competition, never mind the price tag of the pistol firing "other" cartridges.

The Swiss have always enjoyed a great reputation for making things mechanical with great precision in machining. These new P-210s are not individually made by master machinists. They are, however, made in CNC machining centers that could probably hold tighter tolerances than the pistol could function reliably.

Still maybe not the same as owning the original legend as far as nostalgia and collector value. A side by side accuracy comparison could be very revealing, and the new P-210 Target's trigger is spec'd at 3.5# and the slide and frame are stainless. In any case, here's a link to the P-210 Target. ;-)

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p210-target.html
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lena »

One of our club members just got one I get to handle it last match and hopefully can shoot it Sat at our next one, I was very impressed with it and the trigger needed nothing bur shooting he did say the magazines and holster was not real easy to find and pricey to boot, it felt very good, he said it shot great also.
Stay Safe

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

Found this interesting as well: https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/upl ... proof2.pdf

It's the owners manual for the new P210 Target. I was interested in the lock-up at the muzzle since there is no bushing. The barrel does however tilt downward toward the muzzle like a 1911 which creates a pinch fit at the front of the barrel and you can see that the first 1/2" or a little more has a larger diameter for the lock-up and then the barrel is turned down to a smaller dia. that allows the slide to slip over it with little resistance. Also noticed that the captured recoil spring guide fits in a groove cut into the locking cam where the slide stop pin goes through it as well as the recoil spring guide. With CNC Machines being able to hold tolerances extremely tight, there's no need to worry that the machinist might be having a bad day, or that Herr Schmidt is a better machinist than Herr Braun.

The parts diagram on page 56 is a bit spare, but still more illustrative than my explanation likely is. At under $1100, it's actually less expensive than several models based on the P226. I don't know how this compares to the original Swiss model P210/P49 without a parts diagram for it, since I don't have access to an actual model readily available, but I think I want one! ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Topic author
TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

I actually have an American made Sig P210 target and it does shoot well. I would love to compare it to the original and can bring it with. If anyone is seriously considering getting one, I would be happy to meet you at a range and have you try it out. I wouldn’t mind trying an STI 2011 in 9mm or CZ TSO and Shadow 2.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”