Run on Ammo

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Run on Ammo

Post by PriestTheRunner »

iratollah wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 am
PriestTheRunner wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:44 pm Pics or it didn't happen!
(And we want to drool over it)
This site makes it hard to post pics without an outside host, so here's closest I could find.
No sling (any recommendations?) and my bayonet is the OKC M9 with black handle.

I found some cheap 12ga slugs on Natchez last week, they're not gouging like SGAmmo is on some items.
Is that the slam-fire capable 1987 model, too? Beautifully simplistic.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This site makes it hard to post pics without an outside host, so here's closest I could find.

I found some cheap 12ga slugs on Natchez last week, they're not gouging like SGAmmo is on some items.
Ah, the 590A1 Retro! Good choice. I have a parkerized 590A1 with 20” barrel and in-stock shell storage, but I really like the look of the Retro version. How much for the M9?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

iratollah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by iratollah »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 pm Ah, the 590A1 Retro! Good choice. I have a parkerized 590A1 with 20” barrel and in-stock shell storage, but I really like the look of the Retro version. How much for the M9?
The Ontario Knife Company M9 is about as top of the line as one can buy, they're about $150. The black handle are harder to find in stock, most vendors have green. Found one at Midway of all places for $110 and couldn't pass on that price.
PriestTheRunner wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:14 pm Is that the slam-fire capable 1987 model, too? Beautifully simplistic.
That's the 100th anniversary milspec 590 Retrograde released in 2019. It does not have slamfire capabililty, which may have completed the authenticity but is a feature I'm not sure I'd want, not sure I don't want it either. This shotgun was simply too beautiful so convinced the Krakatollah she wanted to buy me one for my birthday rather than take me out of town for a silly weekend getaway. She understands the Retrograde will hold its value. Found a great price on one which made it easier. (Lot's of good prices around but no one had them to sell.) Good luck finding one at any price these days.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

Lena

Post by Lena »

I have an old one and it does slam fire like my M12's do very close looking except the sights marked US on side. I did have to replace the mag spring but they sent me a new one when I called.
Stay Safe

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Thats cool!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”