Any other wheel gun carriers around?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Any other wheel gun carriers around?

Post by longtooth »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 am I am actually surprised by the number of folks who carry a wheel gun. Maybe I am not as much of an oddball as I thought I was.
03, Wheel gun carry ain't the only thing that makes you an odd ball. And I am honored to say I like rollin with you. :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

longtooth wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 am I am actually surprised by the number of folks who carry a wheel gun. Maybe I am not as much of an oddball as I thought I was.
03, Wheel gun carry ain't the only thing that makes you an odd ball. And I am honored to say I like rollin with you. :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
:txflag:

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by surferdaddy »

Not an oddball at all. Not to say that I ONLY carry my 360pd, I do often carry my semi autos as well...I like to “carry around.” :lol:

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I know I know; everyone is probably sick of seeing my pd but I’m going to post it anyway...so there.

CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

03Lightningrocks

It's a BBQ wheel gun! :mrgreen:

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

I like to see the BBQ firearms as well as the leather rigs.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by strogg »

Dang, all this talk about wheel guns... I'm considering picking up another one. I'm thinking something along the lines of a nickel model 36. Thoughts?

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

VMaxer wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:49 pm
mrvmax wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:15 pm Just ordered a 629 Performance Center with 2.625 barrel along with an OWB holster and speed strips. It will serve a few different purposes - a back up gun for hunting being one.
Holy cow, I have the same hangun...and same bike?
Unfortunately I have never owned a Max but it came out when I was in high school and I’ve always wanted one. I like the first few years when the scoops were functional but the newer one with 200 HP sure is tempting

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I just switched back over to my revolver. I carried one when I first started carrying, because I could "understand" it. But I've carried an LCP for years now. Now, my hands,fingers, elbows and even my shoulders are starting to develop arth, I am having serious problems with racking and can't load a magazine, sooooo, revolver it is.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

strogg wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 pm Dang, all this talk about wheel guns... I'm considering picking up another one. I'm thinking something along the lines of a nickel model 36. Thoughts?

I have a 1963 Nickle plated M36 that I always boot carry whenever I have to wear something other than lace up work boots. It usually accompanies one of them danged bottom feeders carried IWB. That M36 has been a part of my memories since 1978 or so, although I didn't get my hands on it until around 2008. It's absolutely the best snub I've ever owned.

My daily "field carry" for the last 10 years has been a 1993 vintage Ruger 3" SP-101 …. probably 6 days a week, and many thousands of rounds I've put through it's innards. I still carry the bottom feeders IWB to church, and on the now very infrequent "social outings", but I just prefer the wheel guns for most of my needs.

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

papabear

Post by papabear »

That SP101 is a good one I like. Had one a long time and too old to change.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

parabelum wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:17 pm
How do you like your hammerless 642?
If the Glock 43 didn't exist it would be my go to AIWB option in shorts and a t shirt. :biggrinjester:
TANSTAAFL

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I do not carry this one much at all. It is almost pristine. It is a 1974 model Colt Detective Special. I guess the Colts were so popular over the Chiefs Specials made by Smith for a while because they were 6 shots rather than 5. Great little guns. Here are two pictures worth looking at.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:36 pm I do not carry this one much at all. It is almost pristine. It is a 1974 model Colt Detective Special. I guess the Colts were so popular over the Chiefs Specials made by Smith for a while because they were 6 shots rather than 5. Great little guns. Here are two pictures worth looking at.

WOW! Beautiful pistol! You just have to love a Colt revolver! :drool:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”