Leather holsters

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Leather holsters

Post by patterson »

AndyC wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 pm I'm impressed. The stitching is top-notch, the edging/burnishing is excellent as is the detailing/boning; I don't regret the wait or the $130 for a second and it's probably the only holster I'll ever need for this pistol.
Thanks Andy I appreciate hearing from someone who has one of the two holsters. One more question how is the retention?

Medic218
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Medic218 »

His lead times are kind of rough at the moment since his only does it in his spare time but I'm a really big fan of Eric's work.
He's in Decatur so depending on where you're at you may be able to just pick it up from him.
I had him make me one once for an oddball pistol and I have to say it was by fav my favorite holster. Unfortunately the pistol wasn't a fav so the holster didn't see much use.

https://www.adamsleatherworks.com/
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

patterson wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 pm Thanks for your input but as I said in my post Im not interested in other choices as Ive akready narrowed my choice to those two
Understood... of the two you mentioned, the Privateer appears to be MUCH more refined. I wouldn't even consider the southern trapper over the Privateer for the price it's listed at.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 pm I'm impressed. The stitching is top-notch, the edging/burnishing is excellent as is the detailing/boning; I don't regret the wait or the $130 for a second and it's probably the only holster I'll ever need for this pistol.
I'm always amazed at Andy's array of firearms, firearms accessories, experience, ability and knowledge. I'd take anything he says to the bank! Fun to shoot with, too!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 9

Post by patterson »

flechero wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:47 am
patterson wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 pm Thanks for your input but as I said in my post Im not interested in other choices as Ive akready narrowed my choice to those two
Understood... of the two you mentioned, the Privateer appears to be MUCH more refined. I wouldn't even consider the southern trapper over the Privateer for the price it's listed at.
I agree the Privateer is more refined but I also like the look of the Southern Trapper so I would like to hear about the quality of the Southern Trapper

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”