Walther CCP M2

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 1

Walther CCP M2

Post by Crash »

Anybody have any recent experience with the Walther CCP M2? I had the first model and after I took it back to the dealer the 2nd time because I couldn't reassemble it, he refunded my money and sent the gun back to Walther. By the way, the dealer was a certified armorer and couldn't get it reassembled, either.
So, I would like to know the following things about the M2:
Is it reliable with a variety of different ammo?;
Is the slide easy to rack?;
Is it easy to disassemble and reassemble?;
How is the recoil?;
How is the accuracy?;
Is the thumb safety easy to access and operate (I have small hands and short thumbs)?:
Anything else you can think of that might be important to know.

Thanks for your help,

Crash

NordicTexan

Re: Walther CCP M2

Post by NordicTexan »

So both my Brother in Law and I have the CCP M1 (both sent back during the recall and fixed). so this doesnt address the M2, I would be interested in what people think.

Both of our guns shoot great. The features work, the thumb safety is easy and accessible, and its an easy gun to rack. The recoil is quite moderate, so we both shoot pretty good with the gun. The trigger, however is not great to say the least. It reminds you of the old squirt guns trigger on a plastic gun.

It is a pain to take a part. But, like some many guns, there is a "trick" to it. There is a very particular spot that has to match up when putting it back together while depressing the take down tool in the proper spot. We refer to it as the "Ruger dance" after the gyrations that we had to go through in taking apart the ruger Mark III's. I also have two walther p22's, which also have a trick to them, and a different tool, otherwise you need like 6 hands to get the spring back in place.

I like the gun (CCP M1), but I don't carry it. I got for my wife because of the low rack / recoil, but she wasn't really interested. I don't recommend it to people, purely because of the challenges in take down and reassembly.
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

JRG

Post by JRG »

NordicTexan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:51 pm I also have two walther p22's, which also have a trick to them, and a different tool, otherwise you need like 6 hands to get the spring back in place.
I have that same Walther P22. Every time I take it apart to clean it, I always swear that it will be the last time........because it is such a bear to get back together because of that spring. I am about ready to chunk it into the lake.

Joe

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

This thread made me laugh out loud.
My wife LOVES her M1 CCP. Mostly because I'm the one that cleans it for her. :lol:
The M1 is truly a pain in the posterior to disassemble/reassemble.
When we sent it in for the recall, at least they sent it back with a metal-tipped take-down tool. The plastic one was a single use item. :roll:

Other than that, we all like the CCP M1. It's easy to shoot. We put about 200 rounds through it yesterday.

Now I have to clean it. :roll: :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”