Self-Defense / Tactical Pens

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Self-Defense / Tactical Pens

Post by C-dub »

Who has them? What do you like about yours? What do you not like?

More features or just simple write and capable last resort weapon?

I tried searching for other threads, but that seems to be a hodge-podge hit and miss with no real thread just for that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Self-Defense / Tactical Pens

Post by Jusme »

I’ve thought about getting one, but haven’t so far. To me, their effectiveness would be limited to very specific scenarios i.e. fighting with hijackers on a plane due to being totally disarmed of any other means. Any improvised weapon will work, but it has to be, available, effective, and wielded with confidence(meaning well rehearsed) in a life or death situation, you would have to have practiced with it enough, for its deployment to become muscle memory. The older I get, the fewer things I can commit to memory, in general, and muscle memory, even less so. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flowrie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flowrie »

I carry this one, stainless steel body.

Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Not sure why the link did not post, try again

Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

One more time, see pic
Attachments
A0D194B7-48A4-4CAF-8F80-CACB4EEEFB2D.png
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Check out the Hinderer Pens. By the brand Hinderer knives.

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

I have a Smith & Wesson tactical pen which I don't carry often. I also have a few Zebra pens which I travel with. You probably won't make it onto an airplane with a tactical pen, but you will with a Zebra pen.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

Caliber wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:16 pm I have a Smith & Wesson tactical pen which I don't carry often. I also have a few Zebra pens which I travel with. You probably won't make it onto an airplane with a tactical pen, but you will with a Zebra pen.
So that is what I was wondering about, the whole getting on the plane scenario with it. I’ve never gotten one mainly because I have one or two knives on me at all times. Except when I’m asleep. Then they are just next to me. :mrgreen:

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I've got this one: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... it=tactile

I use it everyday at the office...I LOVE how it writes! It's SOLID...it's also an "adult whirlymagig thingy" :biggrinjester: - I mean fidget spinner - if you like clicking pens...the bolt action is really neat / solid! So, I had planned on carrying this with me everyday on business trips, flights, etc...well, you know how that is going so far this year... :tiphat:

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

Yep, so far I can have my AR sitting on my office desk :smash:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

parabelum wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:11 pm Yep, so far I can have my AR sitting on my office desk :smash:
:tiphat: My office desk is currently my "home office" where the breakfast nook was intended. I don't have an AR on my desk, though.

It's leaning against the bookcase 30 inches from the back of my chair...

Oh. No. Sorry. That was a couple of years ago. Before that unfortunate boating incident on Lake Travis with TAM. Man; we lost a lot of property to the water that day...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Staples had one of the Zebra pens nearby me, so I picked up one of those to start with. Nice pen, writes moderately at best. Feels pretty sturdy. I’ll probably get some of the Fisher repacked pen refills that are supposed to work in this pen. Reviews on those in this pen are pretty good.

For $8 you really can’t go wrong with this pen.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

C-dub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm Staples had one of the Zebra pens nearby me, so I picked up one of those to start with. Nice pen, writes moderately at best. Feels pretty sturdy. I’ll probably get some of the Fisher repacked pen refills that are supposed to work in this pen. Reviews on those in this pen are pretty good.

Which pen is it that will take Fisher refills?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Liberty wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:57 am
C-dub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm Staples had one of the Zebra pens nearby me, so I picked up one of those to start with. Nice pen, writes moderately at best. Feels pretty sturdy. I’ll probably get some of the Fisher repacked pen refills that are supposed to work in this pen. Reviews on those in this pen are pretty good.

Which pen is it that will take Fisher refills?
Supposedly, the Zebra F-701 will. I haven't tried them in there yet, but when researching pens and then especially this one there were several people that said they will and writes better than the ink that it comes with.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”