My “truck” gun is...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 5

My “truck” gun is...

Post by parabelum »

PS90 with 50rd mag loaded with green tip ammo and a single point sling (urbanertslings) and sight mark red dot . Reasons: lightweight setup with lots of firepower, deploys quickly and target acquisition is super fast, recoil is next to nothing allowing for precision and very quick follow up shots, it is reliable (600+ rds with no wobbles so far), simple takedown/cleaning, VERY compact, 5.7x28 green tip 27gr may not be super awesome but it is very accurate and it’s lethality and overall effectiveness is proven. Another 4 50rd mags are on tap.

How about you?

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My “truck” gun is...

Post by jason812 »

Mine is my backpack gun. The backpack goes where I go. Its a 10.5" barreled .300 blackout with a Law Tactical folding stock, Shockwave blade, some other nice goodies, and an AimPoint Pro. 20 rounder stays in it, 2 30 rounders ready to go with another 2 holsters that can hold 2 more mags. The holsters were universal velcro for Molle Web but work perfect for mags.
parabelum wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am Reasons: lightweight setup with lots of firepower, deploys quickly and target acquisition is super fast, recoil is next to nothing allowing for precision and very quick follow up shots, it is reliable (600+ rds with no wobbles so far), simple takedown/cleaning, VERY compact
Those are the exact reasons I built mine.
20190123_170227.jpg

I do need a sling but can't decide which one to get.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Nice setup! And I like the backpack idea with pistol AR platform. If you have to sling it, well unless it’s an SBR and you have the papers you really got to have it concealed. Main reason I did not go to a AR Pistol platform. Had a noveske pistol few years back and that was a sweet shooter!

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

I didn't think about a sling and a pistol being a problem. However if it has to come out of the pack, I have bigger things to worry about.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kayt00 »

Wait...you can't have a sling on an AR pistol? :leaving
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

kayt00 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:57 pm Wait...you can't have a sling on an AR pistol? :leaving
I've got a sling on mine! But...I don't carry it that way unless on my own property or with permission on a range. The whole "handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster" thing. I don't think I ever saw anybody convinced that my simple one-point sling is a shoulder holster. "But...but...it's over my shoulder!" ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Well I don't really have a truck. I have Honda Pilot and an Accord. My "Truck Gun" is my Ruger P95. It's a tough gun, and I don't worry about it if it rolls around a little in a console or side pocket. Accurate, reliable, The Stainless and plastic is as weatherproof as it gets. If it picks up a few nicks and scratches no one will ever notice.

I've though about mounting my 10/22 , but haven't figured out a way to secure it, while hidden and still have fast access. Maybe it's time to consider a 9mm takedown model
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

A vintage JC Higgins Model 20 12ga pump (High Standard Flite King) with a 20" barrel. Loaded with Federal LE #1 Buck.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

...not in my truck because I don't yet have a way to secure it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

JRC carbine .45acp, two 27rd glock mags loaded with 185gr +p Hydrashoks, truglo red dot optic
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I switch back and forth between having a suppressed 11.5” SBR in 5.56 or a Ruger PC9 in my vehicle.

I keep a 20-round mag in the SBR and the suppressor always mounted. It has an Aimpoint T2 Micro with a 3X magnifier on a flip to side mount attached. And, SBR in the car or not, I always have a lightweight chest rig stored in my vehicle with six spare 30-round AR mags and two spare G17 mags in mag pouches. Rifle ammo is mostly 55 grain SP, with a couple of mags of Green Tip. For a rifle case, I just use a cheap black nylon carbine-length case since it blends well with the carpet on the floor of my vehicle's back seats (4Runner), and if I have to grab the rifle and ditch the case, there’s no real loss of value. Come to think of it, I also keep four spare 30-round mags in the exterior pockets of the rifle case. Those can go in cargo pockets if need be. If I have to get the SBR out and carry it, it has a sling, and I have bigger problems than the need to conceal it. I’m kind of a proponent of the idea that, if you think you’re going to have an imminent pressing need for a gun, you should probably already have it in your hand. Quick draw is cool looking, and may be useful for the ninjas among us, but I’m just a fat old man who moves slowly and painfully. I like to be ready ahead of time. This applies to long guns too.

When I bring the PC9 instead, it’s in it's black Ruger "take-down" pack-pack/case that was designed for it, which also lies unobtrusively on the black floor of my rear seats. This weapon has a Primary Arms micro RDS mounted to it. In addition to the gun, the case also holds two 17-Round G17 mags (not counting the two that are always stored in the chest rig), four 33-round stick mags, and a suppressor. All of the ammo in those mags is ball ammo. Two of the stick mags have 147 grain subsonics in them, and the rest are 115 grain ball. Since I am almost always carrying a double-stack 9mm Glock, this setup provides lots of cross-platform compatibility. The carbine extends my practical range and accuracy, and when suppressed, it’s fairly quiet with the subsonics. Because of its "take-down" nature, I haven’t put a sling on this Carbine, although it will accept one.

Truth be told though, as I am getting slower and creaky-er, I’m thinking a lot less about how much tactical stuff I can carry, and a lot more about minimizing what I am willing to carry. If I have to bail out of my vehicle and take up shank's mare, I’ve got serious problems which may be well outside of my physical capacities. An old man on foot with a backpack is just a target these days, and my 4Runner with its 4-wheel drive makes for a pretty good weapon in and if itself, and an even better escape pod. I just want to get home, and I’m willing to run over people who look like they are trying to drag me out of my car if necessary. Better to be tried by 12 than buried by 6. And all the magazines in the world won’t keep your position from being overrun if the crowd is large enough.....especially now that some of these anarchist types are beginning to show up with guns of their own.

I long for the day when my .30-30 and a spare box of ammo is all the truck gun I’ll ever need or want.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

:smash: And the winner thus far is TAM. What a setup with the SBR :drool:

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

A lightweight M&P AR-15 and one of my G19 Gen5's with crimsontrace light/laser. I also have an LCP and a LC9s in there.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

7.5” 300 blackout pistol with 3 x 30 round mags
M&P 9mm with 3 spare mags
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

kayt00 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:31 pm ...not in my truck because I don't yet have a way to secure it.
I have this in my truck
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/5 ... -2007-2019
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”