New “Pistol” for me...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 5

New “Pistol” for me...

Post by PUCKER »

A Foxtrot Mike Products 7" Glock Style Side Charging 9mm AR Pistol w/ SBA3 Brace from Primary Arms. Just got it today and have it kitted out fairly decent. Need some range time to break it in, soon!
C1372A93-4C53-4BA7-AF4D-C9F74F086F09.jpeg
90785498-506B-42CF-B7BE-45EEB9790709.jpeg

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New “Pistol” for me...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Woot!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Aggie_engr »

Nice weapon! I’ve had my eye on a .45acp model.

Does the charging handle reciprocate when the action cycles between shots does this interfere with your front sight? Just curious why it’s mounted where it is, instead of at the end of the rail.

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

I’ve got the same one. Had it about 3 months. My only complaint with it is it eats ammo like its going out of style. My son went through 150 rounds in about 10 minutes on Saturday. Got to remember to limit him to only one mag at a time and not let him load 6 pmags at once.

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Aggie_engr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:36 am Nice weapon! I’ve had my eye on a .45acp model.

Does the charging handle reciprocate when the action cycles between shots does this interfere with your front sight? Just curious why it’s mounted where it is, instead of at the end of the rail.
Thank you! :tiphat: So, regarding the front sight and charging handling - yes, that's why I mounted it where I did...there is interference...I had to remove the charge handle to "slide" the MBUS on (and it was a BOOGER to "slide" on - meaning I used more force than I wanted to). I may get a lower-profile charging handle. Regarding the charging handle reciprocating between shots...I'm not 100% sure on that (as I have not shot it yet), I think the handle will stay put as it's not hard-mounted to the bolt (my M11-9mm...yep, that puppy is back n forth, it's also an SMG). Will give full review once I've shot...I've actually got a LOT of reviews to give here as I've acquired 4 new "items" in the past two months or so... :cheers2:

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Nuts wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 am I’ve got the same one. Had it about 3 months. My only complaint with it is it eats ammo like its going out of style. My son went through 150 rounds in about 10 minutes on Saturday. Got to remember to limit him to only one mag at a time and not let him load 6 pmags at once.
Nice - that's a great "problem" to have! :biggrinjester:

Advice - don't ever buy full auto... LOL...there's a reason mine is a "safe-queen"... :biggrinjester: :tiphat:

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Aggie - I contacted FM with the below email:
"I just received my Foxtrot Mike Products 7" Glock Style Side Charging 9mm AR Pistol. One issue I have - the side charging handle is really small for my big ole meat hooks/fingers (makes it hard to charge as I can barely get one finger on there) and it also interferes with the back-up front sight - I relocated the sight aft of the charging handle as a temporary solution (see attached picture). Do you offer a wider and lower profile side charging handle? I looked at your website as well as Primary Arms and I did not see anything like it."

Reply:
"Congratulations on your new gun and thanks for choosing us. We do have the metal charging handles available (paratrooper style), and we sell them at our cost ($35). If you'd like a paratrooper charging handle, we will need to know what length upper to get you the right one so include that in the note."

So, I just ordered one today, will post up once I receive and install. :tiphat:

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Aggie_engr »

Good to hear that it’s non-reciprocating and they have a solution for the charging handle! Let us know how it works out when you get the new one installed.

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

That's a beauty there; been looking at that one for a while now. Look forward to hearing how it shoots!

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Absolutely will do!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”