Ruger American Predator

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 4

Ruger American Predator

Post by patterson »

I wanted to pick up a inexpensive rifle and looked at the Thompsons, Savages and Ruger American and decided on the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Does anyone have this rifle? This will be my first rifle in this caliber but I have read a lot of positive stuff about it. Just picked it up today and haven't had a chance to pick up a scope but I have a Vortex on another rifle and like it a lot so I will probably get another

Sidro
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ruger American Predator

Post by Sidro »

You have chosen a nice rifle in a good caliber. I or my wife have this rifle and about 10 more in various calibers in the Ruger American series. All are fine shooters with very good accuracy. You will not be disappointed with the rifle or caliber.

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txhighlander »

I have heard good things about that rifle. The Ruger was winning the race for the 6.5 in my world till yesterday. While I was at the range someone had a Bergara B 14 in 6.5 Creedmoor for sale. All that can be said is wow, I wasn't planning on spending any amount close to what the Bergara cost, however the owner let me put it on layaway thru the shop. I think you will like the Ruger and the caliber.
Truth against the world

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

Sidro wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:46 am You have chosen a nice rifle in a good caliber. I or my wife have this rifle and about 10 more in various calibers in the Ruger American series. All are fine shooters with very good accuracy. You will not be disappointed with the rifle or caliber.
That's good to hear

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

txhighlander wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:48 am I have heard good things about that rifle. The Ruger was winning the race for the 6.5 in my world till yesterday. While I was at the range someone had a Bergara B 14 in 6.5 Creedmoor for sale. All that can be said is wow, I wasn't planning on spending any amount close to what the Bergara cost, however the owner let me put it on layaway thru the shop. I think you will like the Ruger and the caliber.
The Bergara looks like a nice rifle but they are more expensive and no threaded barrel and that is one of the things that sold me om the Ruger

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txhighlander »

Mine has a threaded barrel with a muzzle break. But yes it is higher than I wanted to spend as well but putting to my shoulder changed my mine. Can't wait to scope it and see what it will do.
Truth against the world

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

txhighlander wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 am Mine has a threaded barrel with a muzzle break. But yes it is higher than I wanted to spend as well but putting to my shoulder changed my mine. Can't wait to scope it and see what it will do.
After I read your earlier post I saw a Bergara on Cabelas site used for 699.99 without a threaded barrel so one with a threaded barrel would be even more expensive

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”