Who's running a dot on their pistol?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Who's running a dot on their pistol?

Post by bagman45 »

Thanks for the update on the 507k. Really interested in trying that one out; just need another gun or slide to put it on since I only have the one so far...LOL

dawgfishboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dawgfishboy »

KC5AV wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:26 pmThis is what I’m kinda waiting on. I’d love it if they made one with green instead of red.
Primary Arms has it available for pre order again...ETA: Late Feb.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 pm Against my better judgement I bought a Glock 48 and a Trijicon RMRcc. Maple Leaf Firearms said they would mill the slide while I wait so after Thanksgiving I will have that done. On days that I just don’t feel like carrying my Shadow Systems Warpoet I will go with the Glock 48. I bought some of the Shield magazines that hold 15 rounds. So fifteen rounds in a thinner size pistol will be nice from time to time. The Shadow Systems is just so much lighter than a Glock 19 it isn’t as hard to carry.
Did you have any regrets about getting the Glock 48 or Maple Leaf Firearms milling your slide? I had them do some slide serrations on my Glock 43 and 21 and was very happy with the work. The 43 I had them do over a year ago (pre pandemic) and they let me bring it to them and they milled it while I waited. Very cool and great service. How is that setup working for you?

I bought a 43x frame earlier in the year. Got all the Shield Arms goodies on it. And I was simply swapping over my 43 slide when I wanted something with a little more capacity. Found that Suarez International was selling complete milled slides with a comp on it for the 43x/48. It was a package where you send them the frame, the put their trigger on it and stipple the frame. A month into my 2.5 month wait to get it back, Glock comes out with the MOS version of the 43x/48 that has a light rail. I spent quite a bit of money on the Suarez setup and I would have probably been better off with the Glock MOS. Especially with the trouble I had with it initially :banghead:

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

dawgfishboy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:32 am
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:54 amI have no idea if I will like the circle or circle/dot, but I do miss the triangle of my Leupold DeltaPoint Pro (DPP) sights. For me, that's the absolute best set up for any RDS, but, sadly, Leupold dropped the triangle and now offers only dots.
I know it's not exactly a triangle but Primary Arms should have a chevron soon (possibly late December)...

Holosun HS507C-X2 Pistol Red Dot Sight - ACSS® Vulcan™ Reticle

I actually caught this yesterday on an IG live feed. Pretty interesting concept and makes sense on making it faster to chase the dot. I just got my first Red Dot pistol done and if I do a second, I'll definitely give this one a look see.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 pm Against my better judgement I bought a Glock 48 and a Trijicon RMRcc. Maple Leaf Firearms said they would mill the slide while I wait so after Thanksgiving I will have that done. On days that I just don’t feel like carrying my Shadow Systems Warpoet I will go with the Glock 48. I bought some of the Shield magazines that hold 15 rounds. So fifteen rounds in a thinner size pistol will be nice from time to time. The Shadow Systems is just so much lighter than a Glock 19 it isn’t as hard to carry.
I am picking up my Glock 48 MOS from GrabaGun either Friday or Monday. I waited patiently for them to get the MOS version back in stock as I didn't want to deal with sending off the slide to be milled. Now I am on the hunt for a red dot to put on it and a holster to carry it in.

Any ideas on the holster?

Joe

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”