Remington Auctioned Off

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 1

Remington Auctioned Off

Post by jerry_r60 »

It seems Remington was in bankruptcy and has now been auctioned off.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/b ... tdoor-sold

Chemist45

Re: Remington Auctioned Off

Post by Chemist45 »

Maybe the new owners will move it out of the antigun northeast.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Chemist45 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:37 pm Maybe the new owners will move it out of the antigun northeast.
THIS^^^^^^^!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Looks like Ruger got part of the firearms manufacturing. I would love to see Ruger start making the Marlin lever actions, and Remington shotguns. They already have a great customer service, and much better quality control. The Remington polymer pistols, were like a cross between the Ruger American, and the Security nine, but with a slightly better trigger. Though I've never got to see one in person, I am intrigued with the TAC-13. The Semi auto version of a Shockwave, that Remington made. I hope someone will continue making it.
Remington, like Colt, made several bad business decisions, and were always slightly behind the curve, on meeting customer demand, when it came to innovation. At a time when the demand for firearms, and ammo, is so high, I can't believe that they had to liquidate their holdings. The lawsuit, was not gong to be winnable by the plaintiffs, and while it may have been costly, I would think that they could have weathered the storm. My fear, is that the gun grabbers will see this as a sign of weakness, and go after any manufacturer, for their product being used in the commission of a crime. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

grim-bob

Post by grim-bob »

agree about Ruger getting Marlin. Probably one of the better options for mass production with some level of QC for reasonably priced firearms. Hopefully this means we'll see Marlins for another generation. I just passed down a 60 to my daughter not long ago.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

The Remington branded firearms division appears to have been won by someone else. I'm excited to see what Ruger does with Marlin.

Looks like PSA has some big plans picking up DPMS, Storm lake, H&R, AAC and more.
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SQLGeek wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 pm The Remington branded firearms division appears to have been won by someone else. I'm excited to see what Ruger does with Marlin.

Looks like PSA has some big plans picking up DPMS, Storm lake, H&R, AAC and more.
I’m glad they’re picking up AAC. I have an AAC suppressor, and it was getting hard to find additional 51T muzzle devices to mount it with. And DPMS should probably be a very good fit for PSA. I’m wondering if Ruger will revive the Remington 700 line.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 am I’m wondering if Ruger will revive the Remington 700 line.
Ruger is only getting Marlin. Another holding company, Roundhill Group, is getting the non-Marlin firearms division (other than Bushmaster, DPMS, etc). I take it that Roundhill is getting anything specifically Remington branded. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a quality 700, 870, etc. It could happen I guess.

Vista is getting their ammo which I take to be a good thing. I hope the R-P brand sticks around, I really like their brass.

JJE Capital (who owns PSA) is getting DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker.

Sierra is getting Barnes.

Franklin Armory is getting Bushmaster.

Sportsman's Warehouse is getting Tapco.

Here's more on how Remington is being broken up.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/result ... gets-what/
Psalm 91:2

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Marlin purchase announcement on Ruger website:

https://ruger.com/corporate/marlin.html
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 am I’m wondering if Ruger will revive the Remington 700 line.
Ruger is only getting Marlin. Another holding company, Roundhill Group, is getting the non-Marlin firearms division (other than Bushmaster, DPMS, etc). I take it that Roundhill is getting anything specifically Remington branded. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a quality 700, 870, etc. It could happen I guess.

Vista is getting their ammo which I take to be a good thing. I hope the R-P brand sticks around, I really like their brass.

JJE Capital (who owns PSA) is getting DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker.

Sierra is getting Barnes.

Franklin Armory is getting Bushmaster.

Sportsman's Warehouse is getting Tapco.

Here's more on how Remington is being broken up.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/result ... gets-what/
Glad to see that Sportsman's Warehouse got Tapco, the parent company of Remington had pretty much shut down the Tapco brand. Not that their products were the best, but there were a few things they made that no one else did, or were made at much higher prices. Tapco made AK triggers, and also affordable magazines for the Mini-14 that weren't total junk, or super expensive.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

Everything Freedom Group touches they ruin.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”