Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
1wise1
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#1

Post by 1wise1 »

Headline in Washington Examiner
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has temporarily backed off criminalizing a type of gun used by 3-4 million people in the United States until after the presidential election, likely stoking the issue of gun control.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.
User avatar

der Teufel
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: In the vicinity of Austin

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#2

Post by der Teufel »

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Ed4032
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:24 am
Location: DFW

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#3

Post by Ed4032 »

It’s a trap. Their plan is to ban all ARs.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member
User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 26063
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If Trump wins re-election, he darn well better make purging the ATF an administrative priority. These rogue ATF agents and attorneys HAVE to either be dismissed, or transferred into depts and positions where they can do no harm.
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings. BTW, have you noticed that the topographical contours of local lake bottoms seem to have changed and become more rich in aluminum alloys and polymers in the last 10 years?

Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4109
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:33 pm If Trump wins re-election, he darn well better make purging the ATF an administrative priority. These rogue ATF agents and attorneys HAVE to either be dismissed, or transferred into depts and positions where they can do no harm.
I'm voting for Trump. But let's not forget that he pressured the ATF into the bump stock ban. He is no friend to the owners of firearm related items that might be controversial now or in the future, such as pistol braces, etc.

That said, I'm sure a President Harris would be worse for us (I'm assuming Biden would resign for "personal / health reasons" shortly after inauguration if he wins).
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10135
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5
User avatar

KLB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#7

Post by KLB »

03Lightningrocks wrote: At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5
Yes. Absolutely true and profoundly depressing. When the continued existence of our form of government depends on Democrats never winning ever, we've already lost the country. We're just not feeling the effects yet.
User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17734
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5

A 5/4 or 6/3 Supreme Court.

Chas.

BigGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 837
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#9

Post by BigGuy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:41 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5

A 5/4 or 6/3 Supreme Court.

Chas.
:iagree: But it makes me feel better when somebody as astute as Mr. Cotten reassures me of it. :patriot: :txflag:
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10135
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

BigGuy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:03 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:41 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5

A 5/4 or 6/3 Supreme Court.

Chas.
:iagree: But it makes me feel better when somebody as astute as Mr. Cotten reassures me of it. :patriot: :txflag:
I could not agree more. Let us all just hope and pray the Republicans get it done. I just don't have much faith in Roberts.

srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4709
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#11

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:27 pm
BigGuy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:03 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:41 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5

A 5/4 or 6/3 Supreme Court.

Chas.
:iagree: But it makes me feel better when somebody as astute as Mr. Cotten reassures me of it. :patriot: :txflag:
I could not agree more. Let us all just hope and pray the Republicans get it done. I just don't have much faith in Roberts.
I believe that would be the reason Charles called it 5/4 or 6/3. He was counting on Barrett being confirmed.

I do not care for Trump very much (his personal behavior is distasteful to me - a reason I generally don't care for New Yorkers), but his nomination just now, and his pushing to get it through, was enough to redeem him when i voted this morning. This SCOTUS nomination is the most critical thing for our country and our way of life that I have seen in many years.
Steve Rothstein
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10135
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:27 pm
BigGuy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:03 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:41 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm Is anyone else thinking about what happens four years from now, even if Trump wins? At some point Democrats who want to take away our guns are going to win an election. Then What?!?!?! :mad5

A 5/4 or 6/3 Supreme Court.

Chas.
:iagree: But it makes me feel better when somebody as astute as Mr. Cotten reassures me of it. :patriot: :txflag:
I could not agree more. Let us all just hope and pray the Republicans get it done. I just don't have much faith in Roberts.
I believe that would be the reason Charles called it 5/4 or 6/3. He was counting on Barrett being confirmed.

I do not care for Trump very much (his personal behavior is distasteful to me - a reason I generally don't care for New Yorkers), but his nomination just now, and his pushing to get it through, was enough to redeem him when i voted this morning. This SCOTUS nomination is the most critical thing for our country and our way of life that I have seen in many years.
I agree. As a person, Trump is very difficult to like. I see him as a good wall against the extreme left. His court picks as a whole have all been good. IMHO... his arrogance just makes me cringe. I am beginning to like Ted Cruz as a nominee for the 2024 elections.
User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 26063
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#13

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 pm I agree. As a person, Trump is very difficult to like. I see him as a good wall against the extreme left. His court picks as a whole have all been good. IMHO... his arrogance just makes me cringe. I am beginning to like Ted Cruz as a nominee for the 2024 elections.
It would be interesting to see if Pence would challenge Cruz for the nomination. Love him or hate him, Pence has been a "loyal soldier", and he certainly deserves a shot at the nomination. Of the two, I would personally favor Cruz. But I think that Pence may well be in the mix too, and it will be interesting to see how they work that out between them. But other than those two, I don’t really see anyone who would be a strong standard bearer for the GOP for POTUS. I’d take Rand Paul over either of those two, but I don’t think he has enough national presence to generate broad interest among potential GOP voters.
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings. BTW, have you noticed that the topographical contours of local lake bottoms seem to have changed and become more rich in aluminum alloys and polymers in the last 10 years?
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10135
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 pm I agree. As a person, Trump is very difficult to like. I see him as a good wall against the extreme left. His court picks as a whole have all been good. IMHO... his arrogance just makes me cringe. I am beginning to like Ted Cruz as a nominee for the 2024 elections.
It would be interesting to see if Pence would challenge Cruz for the nomination. Love him or hate him, Pence has been a "loyal soldier", and he certainly deserves a shot at the nomination. Of the two, I would personally favor Cruz. But I think that Pence may well be in the mix too, and it will be interesting to see how they work that out between them. But other than those two, I don’t really see anyone who would be a strong standard bearer for the GOP for POTUS. I’d take Rand Paul over either of those two, but I don’t think he has enough national presence to generate broad interest among potential GOP voters.
I would also prefer Rand Paul but unfortunately I think you are right about his national presence. Speaking of Pence. If something were to happen to Trump, I feel very confident in Pence's ability to step right up.
User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6317
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Honey Badger "temporarily" ok again

#15

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 pm I agree. As a person, Trump is very difficult to like. I see him as a good wall against the extreme left. His court picks as a whole have all been good. IMHO... his arrogance just makes me cringe. I am beginning to like Ted Cruz as a nominee for the 2024 elections.
I’d take Rand Paul over either of those two, but I don’t think he has enough national presence to generate broad interest among potential GOP voters.
I think he is seen too much of an extremist and of having a cranky temperament to have much of a chance. Then again I didn't believe either Obama Trump or Reagan stood a chance because they were viewed as extremist.. I would be very happy with either Pence, Cruz or Rand Paul as president. Regardless of political stance there is no one on the Democratic side with half their intelligence.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy
Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”