ATF to Institute Rulemaking Regarding Stabilizing Braces and Require Registration of Currently Owned Braces

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 3

Re: ATF to Institute Rulemaking Regarding Stabilizing Braces and Require Registration of Currently Owned Braces

Post by PriestTheRunner »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:32 pm looks like i need to send a letter to my rep lance gooden. he was absent from the letter.
I'd give him a chance. He voted AGAINST reUpping the patriot act as well as AGAINST the most recent Stimulus package disaster. His votes have been pretty good as of late so he might not have been wary of the letter ahead of time.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ATF to Institute Rulemaking Regarding Stabilizing Braces and Require Registration of Currently Owned Braces

Post by Rafe »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:32 pm looks like i need to send a letter to my rep lance gooden. he was absent from the letter.
My Rep wouldn't join in if she were bribed. Well, now that I say that...

(https://thetexan.news/brady-pac-to-push ... s-in-2020/, https://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Lizzie_P ... ontrol.htm)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

ATF has withdrawn its request for guidance.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:25 pm ATF has withdrawn its request for guidance.
The public comments page is still live and accepting submissions. I wonder what's going on?
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

dlh

Post by dlh »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:25 pm ATF has withdrawn its request for guidance.
"Upon further consultation..."....lol :)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

PriestTheRunner

So basically since that other letter is already out there: you can be screwed AND there is now not a way for the public to displease their opinion.

Unless that other letter is rescinded, this is not a win.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:14 pm
I'd give him a chance. He voted AGAINST reUpping the patriot act as well as AGAINST the most recent Stimulus package disaster. His votes have been pretty good as of late so he might not have been wary of the letter ahead of time.
i was thinking a similar thing, he sends me lots of emails and he seems to be on the right side alot of the time. He is slower to respond to emails. He did send us a very nice Christmas card with photo of him and his family. I know we paid for it with our taxes. :rules:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

PriestTheRunner

powerboatr wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:15 pm [ I know we paid for it with our taxes. :rules:
Technically out of the GOP campaign coffers, I believe. Same as Keith Bell

cirus

Post by cirus »

Sounds like everyone with a brace needs to turn them in. Just like they turned in their bump stock. :smilelol5:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

ATF has now reportedly withdrawn their proposed rule.

Details here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

cirus

Post by cirus »

I'm with the guy in the video. I'd rather fight this with a pen rather than a gun BUT I'm afraid the pens is about out of ink. I've never heard of a people who voted themselves free of tyranny.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

They'll reset and try again, under 'friendlier to them' conditions.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Crawfish posts and videos in 4 ..3.. 2..

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”