Where to find a BCG

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jb2012
Posts in topic: 4

Where to find a BCG

Post by jb2012 »

I need a BCG for a little loaner/truck gun I built. It doesn’t have to be super nice, but I don’t want psa/anderson/stag etc. Does anyone know where there is one in stock? Everyone is sold out, and I missed the midwest industries by an hour....

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Where to find a BCG

Post by Paladin »

I've never had an issue with PSA BCGs. Those are in stock. Aimsurplus also has some BCGs in stock.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 pm I've never had an issue with PSA BCGs. Those are in stock. Aimsurplus also has some BCGs in stock.
I believe it, I just personally don’t trust them. They do have a tool craft in stock, but I think I still want to keep hunting.

Topic author
jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Found a BCM for $160 shipped on the subreddit “r/gunaccessoriesforsale”

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Where are you? I may have a used one.

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I got mine from Prime Weaponry. Works great. Black Rifle Arms is also great, and they offer a nice discount to Military/Veterans/Law Enforcement (verification required). Looks like Black Rifle Arms is out of stock now, but they don't stay that way for long. You can sign up for stock notifications.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Not sure why you don’t want a PSA bolt. I have several with a ton of rounds and have been great? Do you have bad experiences with PSA or this is something you heard they were bad? I am legitimately curious.

Topic author
jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:34 pm Not sure why you don’t want a PSA bolt. I have several with a ton of rounds and have been great? Do you have bad experiences with PSA or this is something you heard they were bad? I am legitimately curious.
Because they have had a much higher failure rate than other brands that are marginally more, generally have worse QC. I don’t use PSA products in general for this reason. Lots of out of spec carriers, bad coatings, misaligned gas keys, poor internal machining (causing pre-mature gas ring wear). I believe 100% that some people have great luck with them. I would rather pay $30-$50 more and never have to think about it. I also run my guns suppressed which adds extra stress to the system, especially the BCG. If you run PSA and it works for you, then great! I’m not downing anyone for their gear, this is just what I prefer.

Edit:No I do not own a BCG from Palmetto, but I absolutely have had a bad BCG from another 3rd tier company. I’ve learned the “buy once cry once” lesson WAAAYYYY too many times.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”