Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

CZ to buy Colt?

Post by Chemist45 »

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: CZ to buy Colt?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I hate the idea of Colt selling to a foreign company, but I am a huge fan of CZ's guns. And they seem to not have mucked up Dan Wesson's products after that acquisition.

So I'm good either way on this one.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

My only complaint is that I really would love to buy Colt, just as I would love to have bought Remington as a whole. Since I have no money to do this with, I really can't see a problem with a reputable company doing it. And CZ has a good reputation for firearms as far as I know.
Steve Rothstein

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

CZ already makes Dan Wesson. CZ has excellent quality control, which, in my opinion has fallen off with Colt.
This could also be a hedge against Biden’s plan to ban imports of “assault” weapons. With Colt’s US based manufacturing, CZ can build all of their firearms here that might otherwise be banned. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

CZ has a good reputation for CZ warranty and service work... but dan wesson went from top of the production 1911's to mediocre and non existent customer service and warranty service in the last year and a half. The warranty and CS dept's are moving to CZ and the response times and service are abysmal compared to DW of the past.

I hope Colt fares better than DW under CZ leadership... or cost cutting, or whatever they are calling it. :roll:

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I thought that maybe I was unique in my experience with new Dan Wessons. I bought several of the Valkyries in 45 a little over a year ago and all three need to go back. Somewhat minor issues but things that need to be fixed. I just don’t like the idea of releasing these things in the current environment.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 pm CZ has a good reputation for CZ warranty and service work... but dan wesson went from top of the production 1911's to mediocre and non existent customer service and warranty service in the last year and a half. The warranty and CS dept's are moving to CZ and the response times and service are abysmal compared to DW of the past.

I hope Colt fares better than DW under CZ leadership... or cost cutting, or whatever they are calling it. :roll:
My experience with post CZ Dan Wesson's has been 100% different than yours. Although I cannot attest to the warranty / customer service issues, simply because I have never had any issues with the 6 Dan Wesson guns I have owned (all made after CZ bought DW), or with the 7 CZ guns I have owned. All have been perfect, and the DW's are 100% reliable and as accurate as my Sig X5, and a Les Bauer I owned.

I know that experiences vary. Heck, I've even had reliability issues with Glocks. I just wanted to give my experience since it is clearly different than yours.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:54 am
My experience with post CZ Dan Wesson's has been 100% different than yours. Although I cannot attest to the warranty / customer service issues, simply because I have never had any issues with the 6 Dan Wesson guns I have owned (all made after CZ bought DW)
No doubt DW makes some great stuff! If you get a good one, it's great... I don't mean to totally bag on them but it seems it's been a stark 180 since CZ has taken over the warranty and cust svc aspects. I'm active at the 1911 forum and the DW cust svc and warranty posts are daily. My DW has made multiple trips back and still not right... many posting about CS contacts (phone and email) not ever being responded to... weeks and weeks of crickets.

It's enough that I decided not to buy the Valkyrie I was going to buy.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:21 am
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:54 am
My experience with post CZ Dan Wesson's has been 100% different than yours. Although I cannot attest to the warranty / customer service issues, simply because I have never had any issues with the 6 Dan Wesson guns I have owned (all made after CZ bought DW)
No doubt DW makes some great stuff! If you get a good one, it's great... I don't mean to totally bag on them but it seems it's been a stark 180 since CZ has taken over the warranty and cust svc aspects. I'm active at the 1911 forum and the DW cust svc and warranty posts are daily. My DW has made multiple trips back and still not right... many posting about CS contacts (phone and email) not ever being responded to... weeks and weeks of crickets.

It's enough that I decided not to buy the Valkyrie I was going to buy.
I can't compare the guns I have had to pre-CZ DW's. The only pre-CZ gun I have is a DW revolver, and comparing semi's to revolvers just ain't fair.

I have had good and bad experiences with a variety of gun brands, everything from Kel-Tec / Taurus to Sig, Walther, and even Glock. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit of a crapshoot even with the brands that have good reputations. And it is extremely frustrating to have issues and deal with sending guns back, even when there is great CS.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”