NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by philip964 »

https://www.emilypostnews.com/p/alec-ba ... FgU7TJKPxo

Alec Baldwin one month after subpoenaed turns over his cell phone to NY police.

Wonder if he washed it with a cloth and bleach.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by flechero »

dlh wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:08 am Wow--
The "line-up" card is deeper than I realized.
I am just flabbergasted by all of this:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... istributor
Yet she was completely unconcerned- or more accurately, happy, while they were all target shooting with live [and free to them] ammo before and after work on the set. Had she taken ANY steps to separate it and remove it from the set*, or shown ANY concern before the homicide, this might have a snowball's chance.

* and by remove it from the set, I don't mean shooting it on a makeshift range on set!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Can you see the smile on my face as I post this.

https://www.emilypostnews.com/p/exclusi ... m7BDoxaisk

Alec Baldwin sued for 25 million by the family of a fallen Marine who was murdered by a suicide bomber at the Kabul airport. His widow gave birth to a child a few weeks later.

Alec sicked his millions of fans on the family because of their conservative views and they were then inundated with hate on the internet.

I hope they get him big time.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ldwin.html

Family files lawsuit against Baldwin. Lawyers present 3D recreation of the shooting.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't understand why there have not been criminal charges filed against Baldwin. At the very least it was involuntary manslaughter. Anyone else would be sitting in jail right now.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Well Alec Baldwin and the film company are now being sued by Halyna Hutchins’ husband and son.

Now my question that I still have is WHY has there not been criminal charges?

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:05 pm Well Alec Baldwin and the film company are now being sued by Halyna Hutchins’ husband and son.

My guess is that the sheriff's office wants to be absolutely positive it has all its bases well covered before coming out with a charging decision in this closely watched case. I'm sure they're also getting lots of pressure from both directions.

However, even taking all this into account, what looks like a slam dunk case is taking an awfully long time to move forward with publicly available information.

The holdup may be that they want to charge everyone with criminal involvement at once - and there may be several of them with levels of culpability that may be difficult to unravel.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Excaliber I hope you are right and they are just going to do nothing because of who it involves. It would not be the first time no charges were brought against celebrities.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Hero’s of the cause always get a pass.

Topic author
philip964

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled ( or not)by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by philip964 »

https://ew.com/movies/alec-baldwin-rust ... g-trigger/

Vanity Fair trying to get Baldwin off the hook with a don’t have to pull trigger to fire bullet in old guns story.

I don’t know because I no nothing about old guns except a fanner fifty when I was 8 and I don’t remember that far back.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chemist45 »

From the Vanity Fair article:
"You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," she explained. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn't lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."
This is true on many revolvers. The combination of spring strength and hammer weight can be enough to set of a primer even when the hammer is not fully cocked. Remember: Guns are made to fire ammunition.
But it doesn't matter.

Who was responsible for making sure the gun was unloaded?
Alec Baldwin.
Who pointed the gun at a living human being?
Alec Baldwin.
Who cocked the hammer (Fully or not.)?
Alec Baldwin.

Who is responsible for the death of Halyna Hutchins?
Alec Baldwin.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:28 am
carlson1 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:05 pm Well Alec Baldwin and the film company are now being sued by Halyna Hutchins’ husband and son.

My guess is that the sheriff's office wants to be absolutely positive it has all its bases well covered before coming out with a charging decision in this closely watched case. I'm sure they're also getting lots of pressure from both directions.

However, even taking all this into account, what looks like a slam dunk case is taking an awfully long time to move forward with publicly available information.

The holdup may be that they want to charge everyone with criminal involvement at once - and there may be several of them with levels of culpability that may be difficult to unravel.
I wish that I believed what you say. It is the right approach. I'm not at all convinced that the pressure on the sheriff isn't very lopsided and in Alex Baldwin's favor. Like the Kyle Rittenhouse case, there is much more to this one than the individual responsibility. If Alex Baldwin is criminally charged, it is a heavy blow to the narrative that the gun is responsible. As long as there is even a remote possibility that a gun malfunction is possible, guns can be blamed and the initiatives to ban them supported. The Bloomberg/Sharon Watts initiatives have had no success in the face of the massive gun buying through the Obama years and into the BLM riots. The anti-gun lobby is not going to give up without a fight and if it has to squash one local sheriff in the process, it is a small price to pay. Yes, I'm very cynical.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Chemist45 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:29 pm From the Vanity Fair article:
"You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," she explained. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn't lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."
This is true on many revolvers. The combination of spring strength and hammer weight can be enough to set of a primer even when the hammer is not fully cocked. Remember: Guns are made to fire ammunition.
But it doesn't matter.

Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin.

Alec Baldwin.
I made a comment on a YT video on this subject basically saying what you're saying. Someone else replied that actors and actresses don't check the guns because it's too dangerous for them to do so and they don't know how to do it. He stated that he worked on many movie sets and only the armorer is allowed to check the firearms. So, I needled the guy a bit and asked him if those actors and actresses really are that stupid, and surprisingly enough, he say "yes", they are that dumb. Now, do I still think that every individual who handles a firearm is responsible for the condition and safety of that firearm? Yes, I do. But I find it telling that he, who works around those actors and actresses, believes most of them cannot be trusted to do a simple task that most flyover country kids learn how to do, and yet we are all supposed to bow and scrape when these Hollyweird types make a proclamation about life. The whole thing is simply surreal, and highly annoying.

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mel »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:54 am
Chemist45 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:29 pm From the Vanity Fair article:
But it doesn't matter.
Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin.
Alec Baldwin.
I made a comment on a YT video on this subject basically saying what you're saying. Someone else replied that actors and actresses don't check the guns because it's too dangerous for them to do so and they don't know how to do it. He stated that he worked on many movie sets and only the armorer is allowed to check the firearms. So, I needled the guy a bit and asked him if those actors and actresses really are that stupid, and surprisingly enough, he say "yes", they are that dumb. Now, do I still think that every individual who handles a firearm is responsible for the condition and safety of that firearm? Yes, I do. But I find it telling that he, who works around those actors and actresses, believes most of them cannot be trusted to do a simple task that most flyover country kids learn how to do, and yet we are all supposed to bow and scrape when these Hollyweird types make a proclamation about life. The whole thing is simply surreal, and highly annoying.
So the next time someone shoots a person, a defense would be "I was just ACTING?"
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

If Kim Potter can get 2 years for an accidental shooting, Baldwin should get at least as much time.
Charlie

Return to “Never Again!!”