NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:49 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:52 pm
Keith B wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:25 pm
oohrah wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:17 pm
My Piettas are Cap & Ball, but I also have conversion cylinders for them that take 45LC cartridges. Those cylinders replace the C&B cylinders and they have the firing pins on each cylinder. There is no transfer bar system. There is an "in-between" notch to rest the hammer for safety. Other wise the hammer strikes the firing pin directly. I have n o idea what type Baldwin was using, but it wasn't C&B.
Supposedly it was an 1873 .45 Long Colt replica. If that’s the case, then it should have a transfer bar safety.

According to some reports I’ve seen he claims he cocked the hammer, and it dropped and the gun fired. My guess is he had the trigger depressed enough to disengage the transfer bar, cocked the hammer and when he let the hammer go it fired. This would be a proper function of the gun since you can ‘fan’ an 1873 hammer as long as the trigger is pulled.
I suspect you are correct and most likely this is what the experts will all say in court and what the FBI gun tests will show.
If so, he had that trigger back pretty far, if the mechanism in the Pietta works like my Ruger did. If you quickly pressed the trigger but let go of it before it got all the way back, even though the hammer fell, so did the transfer bar, so no BANG!
I am having a problem figuring out how any of that makes him innocent or a poor victim. He really thinks his interview makes him less culpable? Rule number one. Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. If any one of us killed someone in the same circumstances, we would have been arrested by now. Excuses like his are not going to make what he did excusable. It seems wealthy Democrats work under different laws than the rest of us.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by K.Mooneyham »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:49 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:52 pm
Keith B wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:25 pm
oohrah wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:17 pm
My Piettas are Cap & Ball, but I also have conversion cylinders for them that take 45LC cartridges. Those cylinders replace the C&B cylinders and they have the firing pins on each cylinder. There is no transfer bar system. There is an "in-between" notch to rest the hammer for safety. Other wise the hammer strikes the firing pin directly. I have n o idea what type Baldwin was using, but it wasn't C&B.
Supposedly it was an 1873 .45 Long Colt replica. If that’s the case, then it should have a transfer bar safety.

According to some reports I’ve seen he claims he cocked the hammer, and it dropped and the gun fired. My guess is he had the trigger depressed enough to disengage the transfer bar, cocked the hammer and when he let the hammer go it fired. This would be a proper function of the gun since you can ‘fan’ an 1873 hammer as long as the trigger is pulled.
I suspect you are correct and most likely this is what the experts will all say in court and what the FBI gun tests will show.
If so, he had that trigger back pretty far, if the mechanism in the Pietta works like my Ruger did. If you quickly pressed the trigger but let go of it before it got all the way back, even though the hammer fell, so did the transfer bar, so no BANG!
I am having a problem figuring out how any of that makes him innocent or a poor victim. He really thinks his interview makes him less culpable? Rule number one. Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. If any one of us killed someone in the same circumstances, we would have been arrested by now. Excuses like his are not going to make what he did excusable. It seems wealthy Democrats work under different laws than the rest of us.
I certainly agree with you. My only angle on this is to point out that his excuses of what happened with the revolver in his hand show him to be, at best, spinning what actually occurred and more likely just flat-out lying. Additionally, there are those who want to believe his prevarications, but if this ends up in court, anyone who has a solid knowledge of the firearm in question will be able to take apart the narrative he's trying to craft.

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mel »

I certainly agree with you. My only angle on this is to point out that his excuses of what happened with the revolver in his hand show him to be, at best, spinning what actually occurred and more likely just flat-out lying. Additionally, there are those who want to believe his prevarications, but if this ends up in court, anyone who has a solid knowledge of the firearm in question will be able to take apart the narrative he's trying to craft.
[/quote]

But will Dr. Bull choose a jury that has no knowledge of handguns?
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Rafe
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Rafe »

A COVID19 public service message from Anthony Faucci and the Screen Actors Guild:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Post by philip964 »

Yes if SNL wasn’t liberal and was about laughs, they would do this.
Attachments
0C60289A-DED4-4DE8-A22E-32356238811B.jpeg

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chemist45 »

This is your daily reminder that Alec Baldwin has killed more people than the Omicron variant of Covid 19.

Please return to living your lives normally.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Truck driver giving Alec words of encouragement on his shooting of the poor woman.
Attachments
2A9775D4-067C-41DB-BC0E-DDC258CFAA37.jpeg

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:47 pm Truck driver giving Alec words of encouragement on his shooting of the poor woman.
Truck driver had to make a delivery and would be on the ground for several minutes. He was actually making sure Baldwin wasn't armed...
:shock:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

ABC World News (hey; I gotta listen in order to get the other...er...viewpoints) just reported that the New Mexico Sheriff has been issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin's cell phone. :smash:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.westernjournal.com/solomon- ... -hutchins/

New Mexico law apparently was broken by Alec Baldwin. Not arrested, it has been two months.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Alec Baldwin's cellphone retrieval becomes target of New York, New Mexico authorities
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... o-new-york
Posted January 7, 2020
The retrieval of Alec Baldwin's cellphone has now become the focus of a joint effort by the sheriff's departments in New Mexico and New York. The Suffolk County Sheriff's Department in New York confirmed to Fox News Digital on Friday that a request from the Santa Fe Sheriff's Department had been received.

"The Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office has received a request from the Santa Fe, NM authorities requesting assistance in obtaining Alec Baldwin’s phone," Sergeant Paul Spinella told Fox News Digital. "This request has been forwarded to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office to work out the differences in laws between NM and NY. As this is an ongoing investigation, that is all the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office can report at this time."
So, Alec, buddy. Exactly what are you hiding?

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chemist45 »

Baldwin has lost it.
In a long, rambling post to twitter he goes on about finding the "Real Culprits" and ends with a plug for Splenda.

Not sure if her is setting up an insanity defense or what.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... e-bend.php

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Come on. We all know the guy screwed up. He broke the number one rule of gun handling and killed a person. We all know the guy pulled the trigger, even though it shouldn't matter if he did or not. I am no lawyer but there should be some kind of charges and jail time for what he did. I don't care who he tries to blame. If any one of us did the same thing, charges would already have been filed. They want us to believe a person can point a gun at someone, shoot them and then get off by claiming they did not pull the trigger or know it was loaded? No way a regular citizen would get away with something like that.

dlh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dlh »

Wow--
The "line-up" card is deeper than I realized.
I am just flabbergasted by all of this:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... istributor
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “Never Again!!”