KS: Dog shoots owner in front seat by stepping on rifle

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

KS: Dog shoots owner in front seat by stepping on rifle

Post by philip964 »

Last edited by philip964 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

puma guy

Re: KS: Dog shoots owner in front seat by stepping on rifle

Post by puma guy »

Sad result of a lapse in gun safety by the poor guy. Prayers for his family and friends. There was a similar incident a few years ago, but I don't remember it being fatal. I never carry my rifle loaded in my truck. It's unloaded in the stand then put in a hard case when I get to my truck.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Of course the article made ZERO mention about what sort of rifle it was. I cannot think of one "hunting" rifle that I own that doesn't have some sort of safety built into it. Most bolt-acitons have a safety lever that blocks the firing pin. My Rossi lever gun has two safeties, one of which I don't tend to use, but the other is the traditional half-cock notch, which I have tested (with only a snap-cap in the chamber) for function. The incident sure seems strange and freakish.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

So much doesn't make sense about that whole situation. Rifle in the back and the deceased in the front? What hunting rifle would even fit in the back that could be pointed to the front enough to hit someone in the back? And all the other stuff y'all mentioned about safeties and being loaded and all. It makes me wonder if there was anyone else along on that trip and blaming the dog.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

C-dub wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:01 am It makes me wonder if there was anyone else along on that trip and blaming the dog.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-in ... y/3177553/
Investigators said the man was sitting in the front passenger seat of a truck when his dog stepped on a rifle in the back seat and struck him in the back.

Emergency personnel administered CPR to the 30-year-old victim but he died at the scene, NBC affiliate KSNW-TV reported.

Another person who was in the driver's seat was physically unharmed, Wellington Fire and EMS Chief Tim Hay told NBC News.
Maybe it was one of those attack dogs...

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:08 pm Maybe it was one of those attack dogs...
Beg your pardon. That there is an illegal camouflaged semi-automatic assault dog. Things like that have no business being in the hands of anyone but our military. They should be banned immediately.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Never Again!!”