Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Abilene Alley Shooter Sentenced

Post by dlh »

Did not see the update elsewhere if so my bad:

https://www.reporternews.com/story/news ... 846345007/
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Paladin

Re: Abilene Alley Shooter Sentenced

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the update. I haven't followed the trial, but I was not shocked that one of the 2 was found not guilty. The video can be confusing at points, and it's interesting what was not said in the legacy media.

They bury in the article that Howard had Intermittent explosive disorder
Intermittent explosive disorder involves repeated, sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which you react grossly out of proportion to the situation. Road rage, domestic abuse, throwing or breaking objects, or other temper tantrums may be signs of intermittent explosive disorder.

These intermittent, explosive outbursts cause you significant distress, negatively impact your relationships, work and school, and they can have legal and financial consequences.

...Explosive eruptions occur suddenly, with little or no warning...behavioral outbursts are out of proportion to the situation, with no thought to consequences, and can include:
-Physical fights
-Property damage
-Threatening or assaulting people or animals
The truth is that Howard was a large: "At least 6-foot-7 and about 275 pounds, Howard was imposing", violent, and dangerously explosive individual who IIRC had even threatened the UPS delivery guy at his house. He was an obvious danger to the community and even his own family.
Finally, the argument hit a tipping point when Howard was said to advance toward Johnnie Miller with the bat raised and issuing threats.
Even after shot:
Howard was treated for his wounds and had to be restrained by police so that medical personnel could bandage him and insert an IV.
I suspect Johnnie Miller lost the right to self defense due to the nature of how he handled the encounter initially. Would love to know more about the verdict.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

The dead man, was holding a bat, violating the law (illegal dumping) and threatened to kill the over 65 yo shooter. The shooter was at his place of residence.

Any of this wrong?

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

I don't understand how they both weren't sent to jail. From what I saw from the video there was no reason to shoot and even if there was the son should never have fired the shotgun.

Return to “Never Again!!”