CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 57

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by WildBill »

The coroner's inquest for the Erik Scott shooting is scheduled for September 7th.
The Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak has asked that the inquest be televised on the county's cable channel.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/scott-inquest- ... ml?ref=288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be really surprised if Mr. Sisolak's request is approved.
NRA Endowment Member

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 119

Post by baldeagle »

WildBill wrote:The coroner's inquest for the Erik Scott shooting is scheduled for September 7th.
The Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak has asked that the inquest be televised on the county's cable channel.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/scott-inquest- ... ml?ref=288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be really surprised if Mr. Sisolak's request is approved.
Correction: The inquest is scheduled for 9/22. The County Commissioners Meeting is scheduled for 9/7. Sisolak has asked the Commissioners to discuss, at the 9/7 meeting, the issue of televising the 9/22 inquest.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 57

Post by WildBill »

baldeagle wrote:Correction: The inquest is scheduled for 9/22. The County Commissioners Meeting is scheduled for 9/7. Sisolak has asked the Commissioners to discuss, at the 9/7 meeting, the issue of televising the 9/22 inquest.
My bad. Thanks for the correction baldeagle.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:
seamusTX wrote:
Costco and the cops are trying to bury this incident. It needs to be kept front and center. Mr. Scott's parents seem capable of that. The phrase "you messed with the wrong Marine" comes to mind, except he was army.

- Jim
It's not only the cops and Costco that want this incident to go away. Any and all who derive income from tourism in Vegas want it to go away. That would also include any media that receives advertising money to promote the place.
Anybody remember the 1975 movie "JAWS" where the Mayor and City Council denied the existence of the man eating shark off their beach?
Last edited by Oldgringo on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

M4Dogg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by M4Dogg »

Dang... Yeah, if you have guns pointed at you, don't go for the shirt tail or pocket, let the police do that! Very sad. A good story to share but sad that it has to be shared. :(

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

I agree....IF the facts bear that conclusion out. I have no problem with police responding as they have been trained when someone makes a furtive movement. I DO take issue with shooting a man, who is face down on the ground with two gunshot wounds, 5 times in the back. IF the facts bear that out, I would consider homicide charges to be in order. IF LVMPD covers up the investigation, then further charges are in order - beginning right at the top.

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by drjoker »

Civil Rights demonstrations led to civil rights. I invite you to do what's right. I called Collin county and they said that you don't need a permit to demonstrate if it is less than 6 persons in a group and you don't block traffic. I need 4 good men and women to hold picket signs with me in front of Costco. Any takers???

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Costco has signs prohibiting this. :grumble
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Tamie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tamie »

Cosmo 9 wrote:Costco has signs prohibiting this. :grumble
Signs prohibiting what? Protesting or shooting people?

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Shooting people... Protest away.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by drjoker »

Cosmo 9 wrote:Costco has signs prohibiting this. :grumble
How can they prohibit people picketing on a public sidewalk NEAR their place of business NOT on their place of business? C'mon are we sheep or MEN!

The moral majority is always afraid to protest, to agitate, and make our voice heard. We're afraid of breaking this rule or that minor law. Some laws are unjust and unconstitutional. Furthermore, I'm not even suggesting anything illegal. I called the county and asked them what I can do that's LEGAL. A group of less than 6 picketing on a public sidewalk without blocking traffic is perfectly LEGAL. Protests are supposed to upset some people. If it upsets Costco, then that's all good. We, the moral majority are afraid to break a few eggs to make an omelet. That's why we're going to lose our 2nd A rights. I invite y'all to wake up. :txflag: :patriot:

BTW, another poster earlier in the thread complained how if this happened to a minority instead of a white guy then there would be lots of negative media attention on Costco and LVPD. That's because if this happened to a (hypothetically) a black guy who is a young high school football star, then I bet that there would be a sea of people holding nightly candlelight vigils in front of every Costco. There would be a sea of people rattling the front gates of the White House. The NAACP and Jesse Jackson would be demanding justice on every radio/TV station that would hear them. In order to be heard, you have to make yourself heard. All I'm asking for is 4 good men (or women) and I'm getting zip.

Remember Joe Horn? He shot 2 thugs who were robbing his neighbor's house. Totally justified legally in court afterwards. For 2 black career criminals who were shot, Quanell X mustered almost 100 protesters in front of poor Joe's house. They picketed his home nonstop and mercilessly. The poor guy had to move. If they can muster 100 protesters for 2 lowlifes, I bet you that if a young upstanding taxpaying black version of Erik was shot, there would be thousands of protesters. We the moral majority do squat to stick up for each other, so we can expect to get squat. May God have mercy on us all....

Please note, that this post is in no way about race. I'm just using an example to rattle our cages to induce action. Racism is wrong.

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 33

Post by seniorshooteress »

drjoker what town are you planning on doing your protesting? I would if I could but traveling isn't something I can do. If it were local to the Galveston area I would be there.You are oh so correct about the squeaky wheel getting the oil.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Keith B »

drjoker wrote:......I called the county and asked them what I can do that's LEGAL. A group of less than 6 picketing on a public sidewalk without blocking traffic is perfectly LEGAL.
While it may be legal in the county, you also need to check with Plano city and find out what their ordinances state as they can, and will, be much more strict on organized rallies and protests.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

hangfour

Post by hangfour »

Wow, What a tragedy for everyone involved! I'm reminded of the Japanese film by Kurosawa titled "Roshomon" where four witnesses recount a crime. Of course each witness sees something entirely different. What really happened was murky. The difference here is that it's not a movie and there is, I'm sure, much suffering.

My prayers go out to everyone involved, the CHL holder, his family, the police, the Costco employee and the witnesses. May they all find some peace.

What I take away from this incident is how careful I have to be when carrying. When guns are involved little mistakes can have dire consequences.
Last edited by hangfour on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

howdy

Post by howdy »

I put this is to stress a point.....isn't it funny how the video is immediately available when needed!!!

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/173378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “Never Again!!”