CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by Barbi Q »

baldeagle wrote:
howdy wrote:I put this is to stress a point.....isn't it funny how the video is immediately available when needed!!!

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/173378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, but in this case they're looking for bad guys.......
It sounds like they know who the bad guys are in Las Vegas and they're obstructing justice with a cover up.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

It no longer matters who was right or wrong. No lawsuit or policy change will bring that man back to life. He is gone.
I simply cannot believe you posted this. If someone shot your child (or whoever) and they died as a result, would you simply say it no longer matters who was right or wrong? I think not. When someone is killed should we just throw up our hands and say it doesn't matter who was right or wrong because, after all, they are dead?

I wear a badge and I can say unequivocally that shooting a suspect, who is down on his face with two, or possibly three, gunshot wounds, four more times in the back is tantamount to murder. At the very least, the Grand jury would return a recommendation to prosecute those responsible for manslaughter. That alone guarantees that a finding by a jury of right or wrong is critically important. Unless you enjoy the prospect of the police just shooting people down for no reason.

I'm not going to Monday morning quaterback what Erik did or did not do in the Costco until I see the facts - and the truth. I'm not going to assume he did anything wrong until I see the truth. However, in light of the allegations that those four shots were fired, the LVMPD, if it had evidence otherwise, would have released it long ago. That it has not done so is cause for concern for every resident of Clark County - and every American who believes in right and wrong and the concept of justice.

A-R
Posts in topic: 8

Post by A-R »

^
I
I
I

:iagree:

:clapping: :tiphat: :patriot:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Excaliber »

PeteCamp wrote:
It no longer matters who was right or wrong. No lawsuit or policy change will bring that man back to life. He is gone.
I simply cannot believe you posted this. If someone shot your child (or whoever) and they died as a result, would you simply say it no longer matters who was right or wrong? I think not. When someone is killed should we just throw up our hands and say it doesn't matter who was right or wrong because, after all, they are dead?

I wear a badge and I can say unequivocally that shooting a suspect, who is down on his face with two, or possibly three, gunshot wounds, four more times in the back is tantamount to murder. At the very least, the Grand jury would return a recommendation to prosecute those responsible for manslaughter. That alone guarantees that a finding by a jury of right or wrong is critically important. Unless you enjoy the prospect of the police just shooting people down for no reason.

I'm not going to Monday morning quaterback what Erik did or did not do in the Costco until I see the facts - and the truth. I'm not going to assume he did anything wrong until I see the truth. However, in light of the allegations that those four shots were fired, the LVMPD, if it had evidence otherwise, would have released it long ago. That it has not done so is cause for concern for every resident of Clark County - and every American who believes in right and wrong and the concept of justice.
I emphatically agree.

If pursuing the truth and seeing that justice is done isn't important enough to do here, I can't imagine when it might be. I don't think anyone wants to go down that path.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Texas Dan Mosby
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

I simply cannot believe you posted this.
I agree that an evaluation of the incident should occur, and steps taken to prevent like incidents from happening in the future, and justice should be served if needed, however, there is nothing that can be done now to bring that man back to life.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

I agree that an evaluation of the incident should occur, and steps taken to prevent like incidents from happening in the future, and justice should be served if needed, however, there is nothing that can be done now to bring that man back to life.
I think we can all agree that there is very little chance of anyone bringing him back to life at this point. :headscratch

What can be done is to give his life some meaning - even in death. That, and prevent LVMPD from using a kangaroo court process to smear his memory by portraying him as some kind of depraved individual deserving of execution. If the officers acted in good faith, so be it. If not, IMHO, at this point pretty much the entire command structure of LVMPD needs to go to jail for a very long time. That needs to be decided by a jury.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mike1951 »

Texas Dan Mosby wrote:
I simply cannot believe you posted this.
Following your logic, no death should ever be investigated. We should remove all homicides from the penal codes and never prosecute anyone simply because they killed someone, because "there is nothing that can be done now to bring that man back to life."
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 59

Post by philip964 »

http://erikbscott.com/blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Finally, Gillespie might want to weigh the political ramifications of building a case around LG, who also is a former staffer for Nevada Senator and U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. Would having the ex-stripper’s photo on the front page of the Las Vegas Review-Journal as Metro’s star witness in a transparent, ad hominem character assassination of Erik Scott enhance Senator Reid’s reelection chances?"

I guess the recent revelation that the DA's plan to introduce evidence about Erik's past into the inquest has naturally raised the ire of Erik's dad.

Apparently LG is Erik's second ex wife a former stripper, attempted cop killer and drug user,she has made her self available to the police in exchange for sealing her past criminal record.

But the revelation that Harry Reid is now involved certainly made my day.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Beiruty »

It will get very ugly in no time!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TXlaw1 »

Mr. Scott's blog is very enlightening, illuminating the corruption of Las Vegas that moved in decades ago with the mobster. I guess that's why it has the reputation - which it proudly advertises - that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It will be very interesting to see if the coverup continues at the September 22nd hearing, if it is actually held. I hope the Scott family will one day find the truth and share it with the public and find closure of this terrible ordeal.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 57

Post by WildBill »

Beiruty wrote:It will get very ugly in no time!
It's already getting very ugly. There are reports Erik Scott's history of alledged domestic violence and prescription drug use surfacing. There is also a report about Erik Scott where he alledgedly points a gun at a neighbor and his dog after being bitten by the dog.

I don't know much about the coroner's inquest process, but it seems that this information is not relevant to the shooting. I don't know if any of these things can be introduced into evidence at the inquest or whether it's just a smear campaign designed to placate the public should the shooting be ruled "justifed". :???:
NRA Endowment Member

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasGal »

Even if all that were true, I still don't see how it would mean he somehow deserved to be gunned down like that. The true events of that day should be examined by themselves.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

NOS

Post by NOS »

WildBill wrote:
Beiruty wrote:It will get very ugly in no time!
It's already getting very ugly. There are reports Erik Scott's history of alledged domestic violence and prescription drug use surfacing. There is also a report about Erik Scott where he alledgedly points a gun at a neighbor and his dog after being bitten by the dog.

I don't know much about the coroner's inquest process, but it seems that this information is not relevant to the shooting. I don't know if any of these things can be introduced into evidence at the inquest or whether it's just a smear campaign designed to placate the public should the shooting be ruled "justifed". :???:
The only way I think it could be used would be in relevance to Erik Scott's behavior in the Costco. IANAL, but I think that this could be used to judge his character prior to his executio... err... I mean Shooting. :tiphat:
06/06/2010 Class Taken
06/17/2010 Packet Mailed
06/19/2010 Packet Received
07/07/2010 Status Online/Application Missing
07/12/2010 Mailed New Application
07/15/2010 Application Complete
08/18/2010 Fingerprints Complete
08/24/2010 Background Complete
08/27/2010 Mailed
09/01/2010 Plastic

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Has anyone noticed that the blog is gone?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

davidtx
Posts in topic: 11

Post by davidtx »

jimlongley wrote:Has anyone noticed that the blog is gone?
They've apparently been hacked more than once. There is now a backup blog running at blogspot (Google), we'll see if they can hack that one.
http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogspot.com/

Return to “Never Again!!”