CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 119

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by baldeagle »

jimlongley wrote:Has anyone noticed that the blog is gone?
The blog was hacked. It's been moved.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 5

Post by esxmarkc »

I have followed his blog and i'll have to say that William B. Scott comes across as educated, articulate and determined. He's a real pitbull who's not gonna let go anytime soon.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

WildBill
Posts in topic: 57

Post by WildBill »

esxmarkc wrote:I'll have to say that William B. Scott comes across as educated, articulate and determined.
That's because he is! :lol:
If you read his biography, he is an electrical engineer, a prolific published author, public speaker and ex-USAF test pilot. If I were in a battle, I would want him on my side.
NRA Endowment Member

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 59

Post by seamusTX »

The family of Erik Scott is now being supported by the ACLU of Nevada.

They moved in court to get access to evidence before the inquest. The motion was denied. The inquest process is not what we usually think of as open court.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/family--aclu-c ... ml?ref=829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Fangs
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Fangs »

Now who would benefit from hacking the blog? :mad5
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

If you set up a web site and don't know exactly what you are doing in terms of security, it will be hacked in days if not hours. These hackers are simply vandals.

I am the webmaster of several sites that have no interest outside of Galveston, but they get hits from south Asia almost hourly.

Hacking is a federal felony. Regardless of how corrupt so-and-so may be, they have little to gain by committing a felony that could be traceable within the U.S.

- Jim

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sjfcontrol »

seamusTX wrote:If you set up a web site and don't know exactly what you are doing in terms of security, it will be hacked in days if not hours. These hackers are simply vandals.

I am the webmaster of several sites that have no interest outside of Galveston, but they get hits from south Asia almost hourly.

Hacking is a federal felony. Regardless of how corrupt so-and-so may be, they have little to gain by committing a felony that could be traceable within the U.S.

- Jim
They aren't necessarily just vandals. Also looking for vulnerable systems to take over for spam-bots, hacker-bots and Denial-of-Service (DoS) bots, etc. They aren't just kids looking to destroy, they are often criminal organizations looking to make a buck (or a million bucks) using somebody else's hardware. They can also be terrorist organizations, or even nations (china). They don't care, and often don't even know where the machine is they're hacking into. The internets underbelly is quite slimy!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

sjfcontrol wrote:They aren't necessarily just vandals. Also looking for vulnerable systems to take over for spam-bots, hacker-bots and Denial-of-Service (DoS) bots, etc. They aren't just kids looking to destroy, they are often criminal organizations ...
That is true, but criminal hackers work in ways that are difficult for the legitimate system owner to detect.

I had a site that was hacked by someone who just replaced the index.html file with virtual graffiti. It was full of words spelled like "d00dz" (dudes). That happened years ago and I don't remember the details.

- Jim

WildBill
Posts in topic: 57

Post by WildBill »

Fangs wrote:Now who would benefit from hacking the blog? :mad5
I must be psychic. I was wondering the same thing on my drive home. :shock:

I think that they do it to see if they can.
Last edited by WildBill on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

mctowalot
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mctowalot »

WildBill wrote:
Fangs wrote:Now who would benefit from hacking the blog? :mad5
I was wondering the same thing on my drive home. :shock:
What were the results of the hacking? Did they alter or post messages?

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Opinion piece:
http://www.lvrj.com/living/pr-spin---pr ... 30664.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Beiruty »

What are the odds that multiple cameras would fail at the same time? what are the odds that the recording system only failed at the time of shooting?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The inquest is drawing close. I hope it will answer the questions we all have.

If there is something on the Security DVR, the FBI computer forensics laboratory in Orange County will find it, erased or not. If it was not sent there, but was sent to Bob's computer repair in Orange County, then shame on Metro, I will believe nothing they say.

If the DVR was turned off, that would be unfortunate, but those things happen every day, it would make every signal from every camera operating that day non existant. That is different from erasing what was on the DVR, that cannot be done. The FBI would find any erasing or tampering and it would then become more than a police shooting.

If the inquest shows the depth of investigation that all of America has learned to expect from the Las Vegas CSI tv show then, I think all of us will be happy. If the investigation shows the depth used when your home is bugarized, then all of us will be suspect of any conclusion reached.

I will expect to see:

1. A report from the FBI on the DVR or DVRs taken from the scene. Hopefully they will answer all our questions and nothing more is really needed.
2. A released audio recording of the 911 call and police dispaches after that.
3. A complete autopsy showing everything that could be learned about the shooting from the body, including shots fired while the body was in contact with the pavement, if any or shots fired while Erik had his hands in the air as the father has stated.
4. Eyewitness testamony from every single person who witnessed anything at Costco regarding Erik Scott. The police, his girlfriend, shoppers and employees.
5. Physical evidence of everything related to the case, including the distroyed merchandise, photographs of the mess Erik supposedly made of the store aisles that caused the Costco employees to call 911 and believe he was "deranged". That would also include forensics of the merchandise showing Erik's finger prints.
6. I would hope also to see 3d graphic visualizations of the shooting scene showing the positions of each officer, Erik and each of the witnesses and the path of each bullet fired. It will be interesting if the police shot toward each other and the other bystanders or if indeed most of the shots were fired at the ground as Erik's father has stated.

Lets hope we see all this and more.

Its now Las Vegas's big turn to show us they know how to investigate a shooting, and present the facts in a complete, honest and straight forward manner.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Kevinf2349 »

philip964 wrote:
Its now Las Vegas's big turn to show us they know how to investigate a shooting, and present the facts in a complete, honest and straight forward manner.
I think that is about as likely as them calling Gil Grisom back in to investigate it!

I would like to think that all of what you wrote will happen, but the cynic in me just can't see it ever happening. :confused5

What I think will happen is that there will be insufficent evidence to call it anything but a righteous shoot. They are not about to throw 3 murd....whoops officers under the bus and place themselves in the media spotlight. LV is almost as corrupt as Chicago so I don't expect anything but plaudits for the shooters and a villifying of Mr Scott.

:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TXlaw1 »

Kevinf2349 wrote:
philip964 wrote:
I think that is about as likely as them calling Gil Grisom back in to investigate it!

I would like to think that all of what you wrote will happen, but the cynic in me just can't see it ever happening. :confused5

What I think will happen is that there will be insufficent evidence to call it anything but a righteous shoot. They are not about to throw 3 murd....whoops officers under the bus and place themselves in the media spotlight. LV is almost as corrupt as Chicago so I don't expect anything but plaudits for the shooters and a villifying of Mr Scott.

:tiphat:
:iagree: I wish we would get what Kevin describes but fully expect a whitewash - to protect the Sheriff who is running for election and to keep the Las Vegas economy that is suffering from taking a bigger hit. After all, the motto is What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Return to “Never Again!!”