So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

austin-tatious
Posts in topic: 7

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by austin-tatious »

puma guy wrote:
alexrex20 wrote:
gigag04 wrote:This unfortunately happens a good bit...I'm sure the spin will come for a cover up...but I regularly have a messed up video system.
of course a cop would say that.
We should all be respectful here. JMHO
:iagree:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 59

Post by philip964 »

austin-tatious wrote:
puma guy wrote:
alexrex20 wrote:
gigag04 wrote:This unfortunately happens a good bit...I'm sure the spin will come for a cover up...but I regularly have a messed up video system.
of course a cop would say that.
We should all be respectful here. JMHO

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 119

Post by baldeagle »

gigag04 wrote:Lots of experts in the room. I should excuse myself.
Gig, I see he's been banned, but I want to personally apologize for his remarks. They are clearly not representative of the community, of which you are a valued member.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by puma guy »

baldeagle wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Lots of experts in the room. I should excuse myself.
Gig, I see he's been banned, but I want to personally apologize for his remarks. They are clearly not representative of the community, of which you are a valued member.
:iagree: Well said. I am certain the majority of members on the forum agree, also.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

He was banned for four reasons; 1) violation of the rule against general "COP-bashing;" 2) making a personal attack against a fellow Member; 3) responding equally inappropriately to a warning PM sent by a Moderator; and 4) then changing his email address to a bogus one with a fictitious profane domain name. Obviously, he didn't want to remain a Member.

I too am sorry about his personal attack gigag04.

Chas.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:He was banned for four reasons; 1) violation of the rule against general "COP-bashing;" 2) making a personal attack against a fellow Member; 3) responding equally inappropriately to a warning PM sent by a Moderator; and 4) then changing his email address to a bogus one with a fictitious profane domain name. Obviously, he didn't want to remain a Member.

Chas.
Thank You, Mr. Cotton and good riddence. This is why TexasCHLForum is THE best in the land!

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sjfcontrol »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:He was banned for four reasons; 1) violation of the rule against general "COP-bashing;" 2) making a personal attack against a fellow Member; 3) responding equally inappropriately to a warning PM sent by a Moderator; and 4) then changing his email address to a bogus one with a fictitious profane domain name. Obviously, he didn't want to remain a Member.

Chas.
Hmmmm, sounds like "Suicide by Moderator" to me! :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

puma guy wrote:

Chas.
Thank You, Mr. Cotton and good riddence. This is why TexasCHLForum is THE best in the land!
I agree.... but I still enjoy telling a good cop joke once in a while ;-)
But I enjoy preach jokes too....
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Keith B »

wgoforth wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Chas.
Donut jokes are one thing; personal attacks are another. My apologies too gigag04. I got to this as quickly as possible, but sometimes folks are just faster than us Mods in reading. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Keith B wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Chas.
Donut jokes are one thing; personal attacks are another. My apologies too gigag04. I got to this as quickly as possible, but sometimes folks are just faster than us Mods in reading. :banghead:
Definitly agree.... I don't think anyone is aggrevated at anyone other than the poster of the ignorance. No one expects the mods to be here 24/7! Most of us know stupidity when we see it, and all took the non-violent dispute resolution to deal with him :mrgreen:
To lighten things up: When pulled over by an officer in a traffic stop, if asked "Have you been drinking? You eyes are dialated." It is best not to respond with: "Have you been eating donuts? Your eyes are glazed."
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

speedsix
Posts in topic: 3

Post by speedsix »

...have been a cop...love the po-po more than most do...but I will yell louder than most when they're wrong or dirty...having had to live down the actions of a FEW bad ones personally...but my favorite bumper sticker is "BAD cop...NO donut"...

and today...reading this thread...my favorite old cowboy sayin' is "Give 'em enough rope...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by olafpfj »

I have several police officers in my extended family and some who were old friends, classmates, etc...probably a dozen or more that I have known at one time or another.
They run a perfect bell curve of the good cop/bad cop chart. My wifes cousin is now a Federal Marshall and I trust him completely and he is a credit to his profession and a shining example to all. His brother also became a cop and was fired for gross misconduct, the final straw being a fist fight between himself and another officer on duty in uniform. I had a cousin who was so corrupt (we all knew it, it was obvious) that after he was arrested it is believed he was beaten to death by fellow officers to keep from implicating them. I have an old musician band mate that is now CHP in California who is also a shining example of a great cop who does his job admirably.

Like anyone else there are good ones and bad ones and most are right square in the middle doing their jobs and going about their business...just like every single profession in the world. Hats off to all who have worn a badge and tried to keep us loonies in line. :tiphat:
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sjfcontrol »

olafpfj wrote:I have several police officers in my extended family and some who were old friends, classmates, etc...probably a dozen or more that I have known at one time or another.
They run a perfect bell curve of the good cop/bad cop chart. My wifes cousin is now a Federal Marshall and I trust him completely and he is a credit to his profession and a shining example to all. His brother also became a cop and was fired for gross misconduct, the final straw being a fist fight between himself and another officer on duty in uniform. I had a cousin who was so corrupt (we all knew it, it was obvious) that after he was arrested it is believed he was beaten to death by fellow officers to keep from implicating them. I have an old musician band mate that is now CHP in California who is also a shining example of a great cop who does his job admirably.

Like anyone else there are good ones and bad ones and most are right square in the middle doing their jobs and going about their business...just like every single profession in the world. Hats off to all who have worn a badge and tried to keep us loonies in line. :tiphat:
This fight was captured on video... :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

A-R
Posts in topic: 8

Post by A-R »

sjfcontrol wrote:

Chas.
Hmmmm, sounds like "Suicide by Moderator" to me! :biggrinjester:
"rlol"

that's good

Thanks as always to mods, Chas, etc for keeping this forum courteous as can be. :tiphat:

And to GigAg and all other current and former LEOs who contribute to this site - thanks as always for your informed and professional insights

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

olafpfj wrote:I have several police officers in my extended family and some who were old friends, classmates, etc...probably a dozen or more that I have known at one time or another.

:iagree: Pretty much says it. Mirrors my experience with friends, family - past and present. My aquaintences run from patrolmen to HPD Assistant Chief to a major city Chief, who gained national notoriety at one point. (not for anything corrupt) It was obvious who was on both ends of the bell curve. One is even in prison, though not for anything done while an officer. I still would've let them all have my back if push came to shove.
:tiphat:

Return to “Never Again!!”