wake up call

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gene
Posts in topic: 1

wake up call

Post by gene »

I know this is old news but some folks might not kelp up with this matter on our guns.
I know of news its been a law set up for this so it won't happen to other folks.

http://www.givethemback.com

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I saw this site a few days ago, when I got my bi-weekly maildump from the NRA.

The site just made me angry. Gun confiscations always make me angry.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Is that site sponsored by the NRA? Asking for $ on the first page makes me :skep:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

HighVelocity wrote:Is that site sponsored by the NRA? Asking for $ on the first page makes me :skep:
Tthe "Contact Us" page clearly lists the NRA as the contact for the site. On the other hand, the site is registered to a "PM Consulting Corp." in Fairfax, VA. According to this site,
Company Profile
Updated: 19-SEP-06

PM Consulting Corp.

Private Company, Headquarters Location
7921 Jones Br. Dr., Ste. 445, McLean VA 22102-3306, United States
(703)245-0500, (703)245-0501 fax, Primary SIC: Services, Not Elsewhere Classified, Primary NAICS: Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
Description: Services: Nonprofit and political campaign creative and strategic consultants with experience in financial management of Republican senators' and governors' campaigns, fund raising for PACS and other organizations, lobbying and public affairs counseling, telemarketing inbound and outbound, voter registration and turnout programs, and seminar and convention management, and events fundraising.
Ads by Google on Services: Nonprofit and political campaign creative and strategic consultants with experience in financial management of Republican senators' and governors' campaigns, fund raising for PACS and other organizations, lobbying and public affairs counseling, telemarketing inbound and outbound, voter registration and turnout programs, and seminar and convention management, and events fundraising.*
so they are clearly a political consulting firm, but it doesn't give us any info as to the nature of their client on this site. IMHO, it is likely a NRA owned/operated site.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Yep, that's an NRA site.

Chas.

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

I found this:

8-17-06

NRA’s Lawsuit Against the City of New Orleans
Filed under: General --- Citizen Joe @ 6:41 am

Today, in a landmark victory for NRA and law-abiding gun owners, Judge Carl J. Barbier of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana denied the City of New Orleans’ motion to dismiss NRA’s lawsuit against the city and held that the Second Amendment applies to law-abiding residents in the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans. Straining the bounds of credibility and reflecting the true sentiment of anti-gunners, the City of New Orleans contemptuously argued that the Second Amendment does not apply to residents in the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans.

NRA first filed suit after reports surfaced indicating that, following Hurricane Katrina, firearms were confiscated from law-abiding New Orleans residents. Former New Orleans Police Chief Eddie Compass issued orders to confiscate firearms from all citizens, under a flawed state emergency powers law. With that one order, the one means of self-protection innocent victims had during a time of widespread civil disorder was stripped away.

NRA filed suit in federal court and won a preliminary injunction ending all the illegal gun confiscations. After the City of New Orleans failed to comply with the court’s ruling and dishonestly claimed that the gun confiscations never occurred, NRA filed a motion for contempt that included an order directing all seized firearms be returned to their rightful owners.

After denying the illegal confiscations for months, on March 15, 2006, Mayor Nagin and the New Orleans Police Department finally conceded in federal court that the seized firearms were stored in two trailers. The city then agreed in court to a process by which law-abiding citizens would be able to file a claim to receive their confiscated firearms. However, few firearms were returned because the NOPD never notified gun owners how to claim their guns, and turned many away citing impossible standards for proof of ownership.

Today’s ruling sets the stage for a continued legal fight in which NRA will be forced to expend additional resources to fight back the anti-gunner’s blatant and shameful attempts to ignore the Second Amendment. The case will now move to discovery and pre-trial preparation.

NRA will keep you informed of future developments regarding this case.

If you would like to make an online contribution to support NRA-ILA’s efforts in this case, please visit https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

The whole thing is just plain sad. I think the elderly lady who was tackled by PD should file a civil suit. I have alot of respect for LEO's but that was just uncalled for. :nono:
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Never Again!!”