I almost squeezed the trigger chasing after a guy!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

dhyde79
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I almost squeezed the trigger chasing after a guy!

Post by dhyde79 »

b322da wrote:A few months ago I had a not so humorous incident having to do with a dream.

At zero-dark-30 my wife shook me awake to tell me I was having a nightmare, screaming and moving violently. This was not the first time this had happened.

As i came awake I found my bedside m-1911 in my hand. As usual it had one in the breech, but I had not released the safety. I have no recollection of the subject-matter of the dream, but I assume it had involved a bad guy of some sort.

A very frightening incident. My bedside handgun no longer has one in the breech, and it is placed in the top drawer of my bedside table rather than on the top of the table. This has not eliminated my concern, as I realize that it is entirely possible that automatic motor skills developed through many years could remove the weapon from the drawer and rack the slide while dreaming.

Jim
had a similar incident, which prompted me to unload all of my magazines, and lock them in the glove box of my truck for a few weeks...

I woke up from a dream in which I'd been trying to catch some stupid rabbit that kept chewing up my garden, and I saw it outside, grabbed my pistol, a mag, and a box of ammo and loaded the mag, chambered one, flipped the safety on, and went to stalking the rabbit, I woke up as I flipped the safety off, downstairs, at the couch, and I had indeed loaded the magazine, locked it, chambered one, and had stalked through the house with the safety on...decided that muscle memory needed a break....

Tango 1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I almost squeezed the trigger chasing after a guy!

Post by Tango 1 »

SewTexas wrote:and now the psychedelic colors of your avatar make sense :lol:

supposedly, if you believe what "they" say, you were working through something....at least at the beginning.

FYI; I'm "They", and I said no such thing. ;-)

Return to “Never Again!!”