My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

strider67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Weatherford, Tx

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#31

Post by strider67 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

User avatar

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#32

Post by Scott in Houston » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL

User avatar

krieghoff
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm
Location: Southwest Medina County - In the Brush Country

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#33

Post by krieghoff » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL
Yeah, that would bring to mind the old saying about shooting the you know what!! :fire
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6343
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#34

Post by puma guy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:59 pm

krieghoff wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL
Yeah, that would bring to mind the old saying about shooting the you know what!! :fire
The poor thing would've suffered separation anxiety! :biggrinjester: Sorry I couldn't help myself.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

strider67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Weatherford, Tx

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#35

Post by strider67 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 am

puma guy wrote:
krieghoff wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL
Yeah, that would bring to mind the old saying about shooting the you know what!! :fire
The poor thing would've suffered separation anxiety! :biggrinjester: Sorry I couldn't help myself.
And I'm pretty sure even the strongest port-o-jon isn't designed to withstand a discharge like that... :leaving
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

User avatar

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#36

Post by Scott in Houston » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm

strider67 wrote:
puma guy wrote:
krieghoff wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL
Yeah, that would bring to mind the old saying about shooting the you know what!! :fire
The poor thing would've suffered separation anxiety! :biggrinjester: Sorry I couldn't help myself.
And I'm pretty sure even the strongest port-o-jon isn't designed to withstand a discharge like that... :leaving
I wouldn't be so sure... don't ask me how I know. :eek6

User avatar

barres
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Prison City, Texas

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#37

Post by barres » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
puma guy wrote:
krieghoff wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
strider67 wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It's a Glock. It wouldn't have hurt it at all. "rlol"
Seriously. I wouldn't have an issue pulling one out of there either, but I've been through some nasty stuff :???:
I'm a bit of a germaphobe... how deep are those things?
You're at a Children's Festival for goodness sakes...there has to be a booth there somewhere that sells those plastic, T-Rex head, grabby-things there somewhere! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

VERY good point. However, can you imagine trying to grab it out, exposed trigger, and BAM!!!!, it goes off while submerged? LOL
Yeah, that would bring to mind the old saying about shooting the you know what!! :fire
The poor thing would've suffered separation anxiety! :biggrinjester: Sorry I couldn't help myself.
And I'm pretty sure even the strongest port-o-jon isn't designed to withstand a discharge like that... :leaving
I wouldn't be so sure... don't ask me how I know. :eek6
I think we've descended to potty humor! :roll: And I wouldn't have to worry about my Glocks going off; none of them have the marine spring cups. :smilelol5: :coolgleamA: "rlol"
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

User avatar

getsome
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 pm
Location: Austin

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#38

Post by getsome » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 pm

What a crappy story! I wouldn't want to, but I'd probably have to fish it out.
Old breed? New breed? There’s not a damn bit of difference so long as it’s the Marine breed. ~ LtGen Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller


MeMelYup
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: My Glock 19's life flashed before my eyes!

#39

Post by MeMelYup » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Bout like being face down in the pig sty cause one of the critter tripped you.

Post Reply

Return to “Never Again!!”