preston road incident... new crime game?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Bluegill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: preston road incident... new crime game?

Post by Bluegill »

Yes.... the old bump and jack. its been around for years.

Almost 4 years ago I almost got robbed at the flying J in Abilene. I was moving there for a change in work assignment and I had a white F250 with a Uhaul car trailer with my wifes car on it headed west to Midland. It was late in the day and the sun was just about going down over the horizon and was casting very long shadows.

We pulled into the flying J and I parked off to the side at the end of the parking lot to stay away from all the traffic at the store and pumps because I sure didnt want to have to back that sucker up. I got out just to stretch my legs, my wife was on the back seat with our month old baby changing and feeding him. the windows in the back row were darkly tinted, well as much as Texas allows anyways.

This hippee looking guy jumps out of an old red ratty van and is holding a square of cardboard with homemade wire jewelry on it and was flashing it and tilting it and saying "Hey look here man, you need any jewelry?" etc. and was slowly walking towards me from about 20 yards away. I thought it was sorta weird that he started his pitch from so far away, and he sure was working hard to keep my attention focused on him. I held up my hand and told him to stop and I didnt want any, which he sorta did but he kept tilting and moving that tray of junk.

Thank goodness for the sun being low and casting long shadows, I noticed a shadow coming down the opposite side of my truck (it has a big camper shell) and I saw the shadow of a pair of legs sneaking down the side of my truck towards the front from underneath the truck.

I opened some distance and quartered away from the truck and saw the guy standing there like he's been caught red handed. Of course the doors were already locked but I flicked back my shirt and gripped my .45 and told them to get out of here, they ran to the ratty van jumped in and took off west. the van was too far away for me to make the plate number.

Later after the fact I couldnt help but get the feeling these were pros and knew what they were doing. They even parked away enough so I couldnt read their plates if they needed to scoot.

I didnt have to draw, but I was ready if I did.

Never again will I get caught like that thinking there's only one of them. From now on I will assume theres probably more than one until I prove to myself otherwise.
:tiphat:

Return to “Never Again!!”