preston road incident... new crime game?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: preston road incident... new crime game?

Post by baldeagle »

What you did was very wise.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

glock27 wrote:Sorry for grammer talk to text...
My dictation software has bitten me a few times, so I can certainly understand!

Thanks for posting this. Stay safe folks, BG's are getting more resourceful. Once again, we see a potential multiple-attacker scenario. Keep that in mind too.

Chas.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Just wondering in what area is the Preston Road to which you refer? We have a Preston Road in my city of Pasadena.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:Just wondering in what area is the Preston Road to which you refer? We have a Preston Road in my city of Pasadena.
North Dallas. It was raining extremely hard up this way Saturday night.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

FYI, I have been hit by a truck's trailer without the driver's knowledge. The trailer hit the mirror on my truck and almost tore it off. I had to go after the driver to get them to pull over and show them the damage, which matched damage on the trailer.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

glock27 wrote:
C-dub wrote:FYI, I have been hit by a truck's trailer without the driver's knowledge. The trailer hit the mirror on my truck and almost tore it off. I had to go after the driver to get them to pull over and show them the damage, which matched damage on the trailer.
Im sure its possible. However it wasnt the case here. There was no damage on my trailer amd aparently none to their car as im sure i would have had a phone call or a visit from an officer. In this case id much rather deal with the police the next day and avoid a conflict that clwas already putting me in orange condition than to chance the intentions of these "suspicious" individuals with myself outnumbered and precious cargo onboard.
I didn't mean to imply that it happened in your case and was only relating that it can happen without the drivers' knowledge. The only damage to the trailer in my case was a few small scratches and some of my paint at the corresponding height on the trailer. The driver was believably shocked and apologetic.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

I had a similar situation. I was pulling up on an intersection one evening after a trip with the family to walmart and a single car was stopped at a green light. I lightly tapped on the horn to get their attention on the road as I figured they were probably texting. The car did not move so I checked my mirror looked over my shoulder and made a lane change (should have done this to begin with). The car then followed me for a few miles and I noticed a woman trying to get my attention. I rolled my window down and she kept saying that I hit her car. She demanded that I pull over. I noticed the whole way another car was also following. I called 911 and explained to them. At that point we were on an access road and the woman and other car pulled into a fuel station. I got a red light and while waiting for green, I noticed the woman talking to 3 men from the other car. Unfortunately I didn't get their license plates. I was called back about an hour later and explained my story to an officer. It seemed like a failed attempt to rob me.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I dunno how many times a passer-by has saved me when something was wrong with the trailer or it's associated load... I would have been a definite victim to that, had they just said that I had a flat or something a little less severe than actually striking them...

Good for you for staying well covered.. Glad it worked out.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

cb1000rider wrote:I dunno how many times a passer-by has saved me when something was wrong with the trailer or it's associated load... I would have been a definite victim to that, had they just said that I had a flat or something a little less severe than actually striking them...

Good for you for staying well covered.. Glad it worked out.
And there's the rub. Let's hope they don't get smarter and start saying there's something wrong with the trailer rather than accusing the driver of hitting them. People are less suspicious of someone trying to help them than being accusatory.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

glock27 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:Just wondering in what area is the Preston Road to which you refer? We have a Preston Road in my city of Pasadena.
North Dallas. It was raining extremely hard up this way Saturday night.
Correct.
Just wondered; we had a pretty good down pour as well. Not as bad as Friday, though.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Never Again!!”