Unintentionally drove into plant with gun for 2 weeks

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unintentionally drove into plant with gun for 2 weeks

Post by der Teufel »

My brother worked for many years in the Houston area as a field engineer for a large company. He said about half of the dozen or so engineers in his office carried a firearm in their vehicle. They often found themselves working late night hours in areas like the Port of Houston. One Friday evening they got an emergency call for assistance from a refinery in NE Houston. The engineer who got the assignment wasn't particularly happy about the prospect of working through a Friday night, but off he went. When he got to the gate the guard asked if he had any weapons, as the company's policies prohibited them. The engineer said "Why yes, I do have a firearm with me. Can I just check it with you?" Well, that apparently wasn't one of the options, so the engineer volunteered to go home and secure the weapon and then return. The guard decided this would be best, and off he went. As it happened, he didn't live nearby, and it took about 1½ hours to make the round trip. By the time he returned, the guard was practically frantic. It seems everyone up to and including the plant manager had called asking if the field engineer had shown up, and when the guard told them that he had sent him home to secure a weapon, they went ballistic! It seems that every hour the affected plant unit was shut down cost the company something over $100,000! The guard said he sure was sorry he'd asked about weapons, despite it being company policy. My brother's buddy said something about not asking questions if you don't want to hear the answer . . .
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

Funny how if they are loosing money out the wazzuu or life & limb are on the line, people tend to bend the rules.

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad we even have to worried with it. I went to a public school with at least two loaded guns from age16 till I graduated. Good Lord I even took an unloaded uncased shotgun or 22 rifle on the school bus.
Praise the Lord and glad you did not get in trouble.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

CrimsonSoul wrote:Here's the law (guns in parking lots) when it comes to a plant with gate guards
Sec. 52.062. EXCEPTIONS. (a) Section 52.061 does not:
(1) authorize a person who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, who otherwise lawfully possesses a firearm, or who lawfully possesses ammunition to possess a firearm or ammunition on any property where the possession of a firearm or ammunition is prohibited by state or federal law; or
(2) apply to:
(F) property owned or leased by a chemical manufacturer or oil and gas refiner with an air authorization under Chapter 382, Health and Safety Code, and on which the primary business conducted is the manufacture, use, storage, or transportation of hazardous, combustible, or explosive materials, except in regard to an employee who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and who stores a firearm or ammunition the employee is authorized by law to possess in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area the employer provides for employees that is outside of a secured and restricted area:
(i) that contains the physical plant;
(ii) that is not open to the public; and
(iii) the ingress into which is constantly monitored by security personnel.
This just means you can still be fired for leaving it in the car. If you have a CHL, you can have it in your car in the secure area without being prosecuted.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

The fact is in most jobs in Texas you can be fired for anything at any time. :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Never Again!!”