Fan with gun shown on TV chasing foul ball at Astros game

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Fan with gun shown on TV chasing foul ball at Astros game

Post by n5wd »

It appears as if an off-duty law enforcement officer got outted last night by the TV cameras, as he was chasing a foul ball at the Astros game. And yes, someone DID notice!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/20 ... 33362101=0
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fan with gun shown on TV chasing foul ball at Astros gam

Post by TVGuy »

I sure do wish they would end the sporting event restriction for CHLs. It's never made a ton of sense to me.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The worst concealed carriers are cops. I'm not sure if it's because they don't care or if they're just not good at it, but at least half the people I've spotted at work have turned out to be PD.

The Feds that were in Garland during the whole shootout mess were a completely different story.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

This is why we need to continue to show that CHL are properly behaved and law abiding especially in the early years of O/C. That way in 2017 Charles and team can remove that "Special Class of Citizens" benefit which enables an off duty officer and his family to be safe carrying at the game but not the of 30,000 odd fans in the stands.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

TVGuy wrote:I sure do wish they would end the sporting event restriction for CHLs. It's never made a ton of sense to me.
There's no time I'd rather have my gun than leaving Minute Maid park after a night game.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TXBO wrote:
TVGuy wrote:I sure do wish they would end the sporting event restriction for CHLs. It's never made a ton of sense to me.
There's no time I'd rather have my gun than leaving Minute Maid park after a night game.
I was involved with the construction of Enron Field. I made sure I was long gone by dark. :eek6 :fire :leaving

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

Taypo wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again. The worst concealed carriers are cops. I'm not sure if it's because they don't care or if they're just not good at it, but at least half the people I've spotted at work have turned out to be PD.

The Feds that were in Garland during the whole shootout mess were a completely different story.
They're the worst because they don't have to be good at it, there's no penalties for screwing up like non-LE. They also are more likely to be used to open carrying and not thinking about it so you get an apathy about it.

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

I was a bartender at 'Ruggles @ Enron Field' back when it was Enron and there was a Ruggles in it. Thursday - Sunday morning it was almost guaranteed that I'd be leaving the place anytime from 3am-5am.

When management forces you to park 3 or more blocks away it becomes quite a shady walk to your car when you're unarmed.

PackinXD

Post by PackinXD »

Alcohol sales and consumption, that's why. Same reason you can't enter with a 51% sign. That's my guess. We all know that alcohol and guns DO NOT MIX
Springfield XD subcompact 9
DPMS A15 Panther Multi cal
Card carrying member of the NRA
9th generation TEXAN
Go back to California
Go back to Yankee land

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

PackinXD wrote:
Alcohol sales and consumption, that's why. Same reason you can't enter with a 51% sign. That's my guess. We all know that alcohol and guns DO NOT MIX
They have sections of the Rangers ballpark that are alcohol free. That argument doesn't quite hold if you sit in one of these sections.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

PackinXD wrote:
That is unless you're a criminal. 51% sign means OPEN HUNTING SEASON.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wd »

ajwakeboarder wrote:
PackinXD wrote:
They have sections of the Rangers ballpark that are alcohol free. That argument doesn't quite hold if you sit in one of these sections.
Yeah, but once you leave that area, headed to the parking lot, you're back among the masses who probably did partake. If that's their reasoning (and I'm not saying it is, or if it is, that it's a good reason) then you can understand why there's no big rush on their (whoever "they" are) to change the rule.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

n5wd wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:
PackinXD wrote:
Yeah, but once you leave that area, headed to the parking lot, you're back among the masses who probably did partake. If that's their reasoning (and I'm not saying it is, or if it is, that it's a good reason) then you can understand why there's no big rush on their (whoever "they" are) to change the rule.
Understandable, but just to play devil's advocate, should you be barred from carrying in the parking lot of a bar at 2AM? If say your going to pick up a friend who drank too much?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

ajwakeboarder wrote: Understandable, but just to play devil's advocate, should you be barred from carrying in the parking lot of a bar at 2AM? If say your going to pick up a friend who drank too much?
You aren't banned from the parking lot if you go to pick them up. You can carry outside as well as have it in your vehicle outside of the 51% location.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Keith B wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote: Understandable, but just to play devil's advocate, should you be barred from carrying in the parking lot of a bar at 2AM? If say your going to pick up a friend who drank too much?
You aren't banned from the parking lot if you go to pick them up. You can carry outside as well as have it in your vehicle outside of the 51% location.
I know. I was responding to n5wd's argument that other people drinking should preclude me from carrying.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Never Again!!”