tx mountaineer
Posts in topic: 1

Man loses leg after shooting lawn mower

Post by tx mountaineer »

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man loses leg after shooting lawn mower

Post by WildBill »

Forum protocol forbids me from posting my real thoughts about this really really dumb person. :banghead:
NRA Endowment Member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

As Jamie from Mythbusters would say "Well there's your problem!" Your Stupid! Image
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Let's see............3 pounds of tannerite stuffed into a old riding lawn mower. I wonder if there will be 'shrapnel'?

I wonder if I might be hit by any of the SHRAPNEL ? I wonder, I wonder, I wonder.........

Oh look....my left leg below my knee is gone. I think we have our answer! :roll:

^^^^^^^^^^^
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
;-)
Last edited by flintknapper on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

flintknapper wrote:Let's see............2 pounds of tannerite stuffed into a old riding lawn mower.
Article said 3 pounds.

There have been a few stories of people injured, and I know of at least one killed, by putting tannerite into things. Why people think putting pounds of explosives into metal containers is a good idea I'll never know. Especially when they take zero precautions.
NRA Benefactor Member

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dadtodabone »

Oft repeated line heard not long before the ambulance arrives, "Hey ya'll! Watch this!"
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

WildBill wrote:Forum protocol forbids me from posting my real thoughts about this really really dumb person. :banghead:
:iagree: Idiots like this are going to ruin the tanerite fun for the rest of us. Not to mention other morons will blame the rifle.
Jago668 wrote:Why people think putting pounds of explosives into metal containers is a good idea I'll never know. Especially when they take zero precautions.
One word: stupidity.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

It's a dangerous thing when people make themselves experts on something they know nothing about. In the military there were times when we were a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from an explosion we set up and we were too close (it's not a good feeling to hear shrapnel coming toward you after an explosion, a MK series bomb baseplate makes a distinctive sound when it is hurling toward you). That guy was right up on the explosion and had probably watched too many videos and thought he knew what he was doing. It's a shame that someone got hurt that bad in order to learn a lesson, hopefully others will learn without having to get hurt.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Even a double facepalm doesn't begin to do this story justice.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

It said he was 43 feet from the mower - 14 yards! I can't imagine shooting at anything that combined explosive material and metal without being a very long way away. Then again, when in junior high we tossed a few spray cans into a fire and hid behind tree trunks for at least 5 minutes. Afterward we figured that was pretty stupid even though just the spray buttons popped out with only a slight hiss.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Sport Coach wrote:It said he was 43 feet from the mower - 14 yards! I can't imagine shooting at anything that combined explosive material and metal without being a very long way away. ...
:iagree:
The effective casualty radius for the M67 hand grenade is about 50 feet. :roll: For my 155mm howitzer projectiles, it is about three times that. Both use the same composition B filling. If the 8 ounces of comp B in a hand grenade will scatter shrapnel out to 50 feet, several pounds of even a less energetic explosive could be at least as effective.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :roll:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

I think this guy is the epitome of a phrase that one of my former co-workers used to say;
Stupid should hurt!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mayor

Post by mayor »

you need to put "graphic" in the title. I couldn't imagine how someone could loose a leg after shooting a lawn mower. Curiosity grossly satisfied. Wish I hadn't clicked the link. :eek6

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

"here, hold my beer" never leads to anything good :biggrinjester:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Never Again!!”