Levi's CEO: Please don't bring guns into our stores

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Levi's CEO: Please don't bring guns into our stores

Post by Pariah3j »

I'm a little late to the party, but I made the switch from Levi's to 5.11's a year or 2 ago.

Unfortunately it sucks that I won't give Levi's any more of my business because they had a cut that I love, only brand/cut I've found that fits that way. Forget the particular number, but I think it was something like the 569 cut (would have to look at a pair in the closet to find out).
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
parabelum wrote:I'm wearing rock n roll cowboy or ariat bootcut of course. So... see ya!

:patriot:
Of course you are aware that ALL Ariat production is MADE IN CHINA!! :evil2:
How does one get by without buying anything that is made in China?

Here is a database of USA made products. http://americansworking.com/
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
parabelum wrote:I'm wearing rock n roll cowboy or ariat bootcut of course. So... see ya!

I'm aware of that site. However, I still find it hard to believe one makes it through day to day life very easily without at least occassionally buying something made in China. Can you state definitively that you have not purchased anything made in China? If so, I am impressed and applaud you.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Thanks to Jusme, I stumbled upon this manufacturer of jeans. I may give them a try.

Texas Jeans
http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:

I'm aware of that site. However, I still find it hard to believe one makes it through day to day life very easily without at least occassionally buying something made in China. Can you state definitively that you have not purchased anything made in China? If so, I am impressed and applaud you.

Oh no I can't make that claim, but I do go out of my way to avoid it if at all possible. I have taught my kids to read labels, and be aware of what and who their money is supporting. That is one thing I hope this new administration can start to reverse, if we can bring back and keep jobs here, there will be less need to support tyrannical regimes with our money.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

mojo84 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:

I haven't totally figured that out, but in excess of 80% of what I buy is NOT made there, even though about only 10-20% is made in the USA.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

mojo84 wrote:Thanks to Jusme, I stumbled upon this manufacturer of jeans. I may give them a try.

Texas Jeans
Texas Jeans...proudly made in North Carolina!!

I've been thinking about trying a pair of these for a while. A company that I'm on mail list from puts them on sale occasionally.
http://madeinusaforever.com/jeans.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Thanks to Jusme, I stumbled upon this manufacturer of jeans. I may give them a try.

Texas Jeans
Texas Jeans...proudly made in North Carolina!!

I've been thinking about trying a pair of these for a while. A company that I'm on mail list from puts them on sale occasionally.
http://madeinusaforever.com/jeans.html
I chuckled when I saw where they are made. I also suspect they exclude quite a few potential customers with the longhorn stitched on the pocket.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Not much I can do to impact Levi's. I can't remember the last time I owned any of their products. Heck, I didn't even know they had their own stores… :confused5
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I wear cargo shorts 10 1/2 months out of 12.

When I do wear long pants, I don't wear jeans.

Usually its something from Academy I bought on sale. Sometimes I've noticed the mfg's aren't Chinese, they're Sri Lankan or Cambodian or Vietnamese or some South American company. I buy what I care to buy, when I care to buy, wherever I care to buy.

pssssst, I don't mind if they're made in China. In fact, a lot of things I've bought were made in China and are of high quality. If American companies make good stuff at a good price, I buy that too.

Yeah, it's wonderful to buy goods made in the states, but I'm not going to make it my life's mission...If it's good/high quality and the price is right, and I choose to buy it, that's called free enterprise.

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

txglock21 wrote:Well he won't have to worry about me carrying in his stores because I won't be going in any of his stores. :coolgleamA:
. Me neither :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Javier730
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Javier730 »

I love Levi's. Their 505s are very comfortable and I wear them all day, everyday and I'm not gonna stop. I'm just a rebel like that. :cool:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I used to wear Levi's more than a decade ago. I quit because I learned that Levi's gave money and supported almost every liberal and immoral cause that asked them too. I am a rebel in some sense, but I certainly don't believe in supporting a business that intentionally supports causes that want to force me to be immoral and want to take away my rights as a citizen.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

twomillenium wrote:I used to wear Levi's more than a decade ago. I quit because I learned that Levi's gave money and supported almost every liberal and immoral cause that asked them too. I am a rebel in some sense, but I certainly don't believe in supporting a business that intentionally supports causes that want to force me to be immoral and want to take away my rights as a citizen.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Never Again!!”