CHL Mother kills 2 YO daughter when switching on safety

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Mother kills 2 YO daughter when switching on safety

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent what a tragic accident!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

rotor

Post by rotor »

This is one of the reasons a gun owner should register with the manufacturer. Taurus and Kel-Tec don't have a place to register. Kel-Tec has a big recall on their sub 2000 and unless you see the ad in a magazine you might not know. I found the recall on my Taurus on this forum. And that Taurus could potentially go off if dropped even with the safety on.
For TAM, I sent in a Sig320 for recall but I believe it was YouTube where I saw the problem. I don't think the 320 comes with a safety though so that is probably not the gun involved.

I wonder how many people actually register their gun with the manufacturer after purchase. Or purposely don't register. I wish all manufacturers would allow one to register.

Allons

Post by Allons »

rotor wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:46 pm This is one of the reasons a gun owner should register with the manufacturer. Taurus and Kel-Tec don't have a place to register. Kel-Tec has a big recall on their sub 2000 and unless you see the ad in a magazine you might not know. I found the recall on my Taurus on this forum. And that Taurus could potentially go off if dropped even with the safety on.
For TAM, I sent in a Sig320 for recall but I believe it was YouTube where I saw the problem. I don't think the 320 comes with a safety though so that is probably not the gun involved.

I wonder how many people actually register their gun with the manufacturer after purchase. Or purposely don't register. I wish all manufacturers would allow one to register.
I've registered mine just for that purpose alone. Would like to know about any recalls that happen.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Allons wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:28 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:46 pm This is one of the reasons a gun owner should register with the manufacturer. Taurus and Kel-Tec don't have a place to register. Kel-Tec has a big recall on their sub 2000 and unless you see the ad in a magazine you might not know. I found the recall on my Taurus on this forum. And that Taurus could potentially go off if dropped even with the safety on.

I've registered mine just for that purpose alone. Would like to know about any recalls that happen.
Perhaps it would be nice if someone had an aggregate site that listed all open recalls on all manufacturers. You could search my manufacturer/model the same way you can on some sites for vehicle recalls. The result would allow you to go to the manufacturer's website to check your serial number to see if your specific firearm is one of the ones affected by the recall. Might be some money in running a site like that, advertising dollars and all.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Never Again!!”