FBI Agent has ND

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FBI Agent has ND

Post by Keith B »

WTR wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 pm
flechero wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:09 pm As if the rest wasn't bad enough... he was Mexican carry..... :banghead:
Everything I have read says it was holstered .
You can see in the video he was putting it back into an IWB holster.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:36 pm And the gun was aaaaaaaaa.......Glock? I hate those spongy striker fired plastic guns... :evil2:
Yeah it was a Glock, if it would have been a 1911 it would have missed. :evil2: :evil2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Should of had a V8....

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WTR »

twomillenium wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:36 pm And the gun was aaaaaaaaa.......Glock? I hate those spongy striker fired plastic guns... :evil2:
Yeah it was a Glock, if it would have been a 1911 it would have missed. :evil2: :evil2:

If it had been a 1911 there wouldn't have been a ND!

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

WTR wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:10 pm

if it had been an LCP there wouldn't have been one....you gotta work to pull that trigger.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

SewTexas wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:22 pm
WTR wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:10 pm
[/quote

if it had been an LCP there wouldn't have been one....you gotta work to pull that trigger.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Fortunately there was video! Otherwise it would have just been blamed on the gun discharging when it hit the ground. I have long maintained, that the majority of ND, being blamed on the gun hitting the ground, are actually caused by the person trying to catch it and grabbing the trigger, or doing just like this moron. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Jusme wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:30 am Fortunately there was video! Otherwise it would have just been blamed on the gun discharging when it hit the ground. I have long maintained, that the majority of ND, being blamed on the gun hitting the ground, are actually caused by the person trying to catch it and grabbing the trigger, or doing just like this moron. JMHO
I agree that this is a negligent discharge that should never have happened, but the act of trying to catch a falling object is reflexive I have had to stop myself half way in the middle of a falling bolstered weapon.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Liberty wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 am
Jusme wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:30 am Fortunately there was video! Otherwise it would have just been blamed on the gun discharging when it hit the ground. I have long maintained, that the majority of ND, being blamed on the gun hitting the ground, are actually caused by the person trying to catch it and grabbing the trigger, or doing just like this moron. JMHO
I agree that this is a negligent discharge that should never have happened, but the act of trying to catch a falling object is reflexive I have had to stop myself half way in the middle of a falling bolstered weapon.

I didn't see him trying to catch a falling object, I just saw him picking up his fallen gun.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

WTR wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 pm
flechero wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:09 pm As if the rest wasn't bad enough... he was Mexican carry..... :banghead:
Everything I have read says it was holstered . I Mexican carry quite a bit. However, I don't dance, I don't do back flips and I don't carry a Glock.
Must have either been a generic nylon holster or a similar... but it sure looked like he just stuffed it in his waist as he popped up...

ETA:I watched it again, looking for the IWB and sure enough, I saw it.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

First, let me say that I support our law enforcement officers. I do not want their job and I am more than happy to contribute some of my tax dollars to pay them to pursue and apprehend criminals. That being said, I do not believe that LEO's, or any government official for that matter, should get a free pass for something that private citizens would be held accountable for. Can you imagine the reaction from the criminal justice system if this act had been committed by a private citizen who was legally carrying a gun with a permit? I'll bet it would have been quite different. And that is what irks me.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 am First, let me say that I support our law enforcement officers. I do not want their job and I am more than happy to contribute some of my tax dollars to pay them to pursue and apprehend criminals. That being said, I do not believe that LEO's, or any government official for that matter, should get a free pass for something that private citizens would be held accountable for. Can you imagine the reaction from the criminal justice system if this act had been committed by a private citizen who was legally carrying a gun with a permit? I'll bet it would have been quite different. And that is what irks me.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

honestly, I think the biggest thing that "irks" me about the whole incident that I saw.....
ok....the several things
1) he broke several of the gun "rules" that my kids have known since they were 6
2) after he reholsters he throws up his hands like "it's all good"....he just SHOT someone!!! it's not all good!!!!
3) he then walks away in the OTHER direction from the person he just SHOT! he still hasn't said "is he ok?" he NEVER acknowledged that he had shot someone! NEVER! at least during that video, and there were people running toward that person, so it was known that it had happened.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

SewTexas wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 am honestly, I think the biggest thing that "irks" me about the whole incident that I saw.....
ok....the several things
1) he broke several of the gun "rules" that my kids have known since they were 6
2) after he reholsters he throws up his hands like "it's all good"....he just SHOT someone!!! it's not all good!!!!
3) he then walks away in the OTHER direction from the person he just SHOT! he still hasn't said "is he ok?" he NEVER acknowledged that he had shot someone! NEVER! at least during that video, and there were people running toward that person, so it was known that it had happened.
He probably said "You're all lucky I didn't burn this place down with everyone in it."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 am First, let me say that I support our law enforcement officers. I do not want their job and I am more than happy to contribute some of my tax dollars to pay them to pursue and apprehend criminals. That being said, I do not believe that LEO's, or any government official for that matter, should get a free pass for something that private citizens would be held accountable for. Can you imagine the reaction from the criminal justice system if this act had been committed by a private citizen who was legally carrying a gun with a permit? I'll bet it would have been quite different. And that is what irks me.
Exactly. As one of my facebook friends said in response to this story, “if it had been one of us, they’d have buried us under the jail”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Never Again!!”