So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Hockley 3 yo shoots self. Second child in a week

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/chil ... rities-say

Condition of child unknown. Lifeflighted to hospital.

Prayers for family.

Allons

Re: TX: Hockley 3 yo shoots self. Second child in a week

Post by Allons »

Another tragic loss of life, and at the house of a sheriff deputy too.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Kids comin' across these loaded guns just ain't right, fellow CHL folk.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Had nothing to do with CHL/LTC.
The 3-year-old boy, who is the stepson of a Harris County Sheriff's Department sergeant, shot himself at a residence...
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor

Post by rotor »

Last year 41 people died by TV sets tipping over. Seven teens die every day texting and driving. About 87 children under age 4 drown in a bathtub every year. 36 kids die in locked hot cars every year. Obviously any child getting shot by a mishandled gun is a tragedy but this is not a LTC issue but a poorly handled (and possibly illegal) home issue. There will always be stupid. No escaping it.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm Kids comin' across these loaded guns just ain't right, fellow CHL folk.
My thoughts exactly. What happened to the old days when we all kept loaded weapons away from kids? Kids always have been and always will be curious about anything they find in the home. Even in places above their level can be dangerous. Kids climb up on counter tops all the time.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm Kids comin' across these loaded guns just ain't right, fellow CHL folk.
My thoughts exactly. What happened to the old days when we all kept loaded weapons away from kids? Kids always have been and always will be curious about anything they find in the home. Even in places above their level can be dangerous. Kids climb up on counter tops all the time.
I don't know if it happens more these days than it did in years gone by. I do believe that in general people have got dumber while guns go off easier. Yesterday's guns would be a little more difficult for a 2 or 3 year old to operate than today's modern Glock. Long double actions and/or real safeties were a little more difficult to overcome for a little one. When you have kids around the guns need to be locked up whenever they aren't under direct control of a responsible adult.

It only takes a second.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LeonCarr »

A 100% preventable tragedy.

Ya'll already know my thoughts on adults making firearms accessible to minors.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

rotor wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:53 pm Last year 41 people died by TV sets tipping over. Seven teens die every day texting and driving. About 87 children under age 4 drown in a bathtub every year. 36 kids die in locked hot cars every year. Obviously any child getting shot by a mishandled gun is a tragedy but this is not a LTC issue but a poorly handled (and possibly illegal) home issue. There will always be stupid. No escaping it.
Exactly! Yet again, what this really highlights is the mass news media using a tragedy to vilify firearms and firearms owners. None of the other tragedies are utilized in the same manner. 99.99 (out to some decimal place) do NOT contribute to anything like this horrible incident in the least, yet all are tarred with the same brush by anti-2A, anti-self defense leftists who own and operate the propagandist news media machines in this country.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Pawpaw wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 pm Had nothing to do with CHL/LTC.
The 3-year-old boy, who is the stepson of a Harris County Sheriff's Department sergeant, shot himself at a residence...
Does 46.13 apply here?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LeonCarr »

Why wouldn't it?

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “Never Again!!”