So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Crooked bank teller

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oldup.html
A Texas bank employee accused of being an accomplice to a violent armed robbery appeared in court Wednesday to face charges.

Shelby Wyse, 25, was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery on Tuesday for her alleged part in a brazen daytime attack on a woman carrying $75,000 in Houston.

[....snip....]

Court documents state that security footage captures Wyse watching the woman while she conducted her business at the bank.
The bank teller observed the victim making a $75K cash withdrawal, texted her boyfriend - who is undoubtedly a Sunday school teacher and local seminarian - and his doctoral candidate buddy, telling them to intercept the victim and relieve her of the burden of her wealth. In the process, they backed over her, and ran her over again, before speeding off with her purse. The men have been caught and the money recovered, but the victim remains in critical condition.

It goes without saying that I hope they all get to spend the rest of their lives in the graybar hotel. Actually, we’d be better off if they were taken behind the courthouse and got a bullet behind the ear. Unfortunately, the law doesn’t provide for that particular palliative. However, there is a lesson in this for us all...... while there is nothing illegal or immoral about a $75K cash withdrawal - so long as all the proper forms are filled out - but if taking out a large cash withdrawal, it might be well to not only be armed yourself, but to also bring along a friend or two who are also armed. I’m thinking AR15s or shotguns.....

This is the world we live in now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ScottDLS

Re: Crooked bank teller

Post by ScottDLS »

I've seen this story posted elsewhere and many of the comments surprise and dismay me. They are along the lines of "why does someone walk around with $75k in cash?". She got what was coming for having so much cash. Probably a drug dealer. etc. :mad5

What is wrong with people? If I want to have $100K in cash on me, so what? However, me personally I will not be an easy target. A few times I've carried around $10-15K in cash, and every time I was armed with a full size 9mm SIG or Beretta and had a 12 ga shotgun in my car. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Just as there are folks out there who wouldn't bat an eyelash at taking someone else's life, there are those who are all too ready to relieve someone else of their wealth and/or goods. We live in a fallen world and this example is just one more pointing to that fact. Always prepare to act in defense of life and, to the degree possible, property.

Not in any way blaming the victim -- because using force to rob someone carries all the blame necessary in such cases -- had the victim been more aware of her environment, she may have been able to escape injury and the theft itself. She pulled up close to the door she intended to enter, making her path to supposed safety a short one. Perhaps she simply felt that such a short path was all she needed to minimize risk. Whatever her thinking, her short path to safety gave ample opportunity to the criminals who followed her.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The original post about this: https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=93409
Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables said the woman, who runs a check cashing business with her husband, withdrew the money from a bank located at 12907 FM 1960 West Road and was followed by suspects who planned to steal the money from her purse.
Probably these business owners routinely withdrew large sums of cash from the bank to operate their business. The former bank employee and soon to be felon noted the withdrawals, then got together with other Mensa candidates to plan this heist.

Hung outside the courthouse within a week of their conviction would be acceptable punishment for all of them. And no, I don't care that she has a child. The child will be better off without a parent like this.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Malawler

Post by Malawler »

Watched the video of the attack. When the husband comes out to help would have ended better if he had had a 45 in hand! :fire

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

ScottDLS wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:08 am I've seen this story posted elsewhere and many of the comments surprise and dismay me. They are along the lines of "why does someone walk around with $75k in cash?". She got what was coming for having so much cash. Probably a drug dealer. etc. :mad5

What is wrong with people?
@ScottDLS what is wrong with people is that through Social Media our society has become very uncivil and disrespectful. It does not matter why she had $75,000 in cash, it is her right. People today are quick to judge, don't care about facts, and have little regard for others.

That is what's wrong with people today!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Never Again!!”