So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Police Officer Mishandles Gun And Shoots Another

Post by carlson1 »

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/24/us/st- ... gle.com%2F
CNN) — An off-duty St. Louis police officer was killed early Thursday when another officer "mishandled" a gun and shot her, according to the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.
The incident is now under investigation by the St. Louis Circuit Attorney's Office.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Police Officer Mishandles Gun And Shoots Another

Post by crazy2medic »

Some of the worst gun handling I've seen was done by a police officer!
Why was the gun out of the holster? Why was it still loaded while it was out of the holster? And why was it pointed at another human while it was out of the holster and loaded?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

It's St. Louis so the truth is probably stranger than the story already appears.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bfm1851
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bfm1851 »

Strange story, two off duty officers one male, one female sitting in apartment at 1 o'clock in the morning. No mention of a case being investigated, no mention of who's apartment it was. Young lady was married?

It's tragic that a police office lost her life but the situation does raise questions. Lets hope that as the story progresses it's not what it looks like.

Like my daddy use to say "nothing good happens to you after 11:00 pm "

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

LOTS of info missing from this, don't be surprised if we don't hear anything else.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

There are so many things that can't pass the smell test with this incident.

She's only been an officer for 2 years, leaves behind a husband, and this happened after midnight? They were at "an apartment." I wonder whose apartment. Her's? One of theirs? If it was her's, where was her husband?

And then there's c2m's questions.

This is gonna get wild.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Since the apartment is now a potential crime scene, I expect that it was thoroughly searched and the existence of any illegal contraband will be promptly leaked to the media, even if it is completely irrelevant to the investigation, just like we saw with the shooting victim in Dallas.

It will be interesting to see the facts here. Hopefully nothing more than two colleagues discussing a case, and some serious stupidity with regard to the handling of a firearm.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 amIt will be interesting to see the facts here. Hopefully nothing more than two colleagues discussing a case, and some serious stupidity with regard to the handling of a firearm.
Hopefully, but, smells ripe for investigating.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri ... 7424e.html
Police Chief John Hayden said two male officers who were on duty went to one of their homes during their shift. Alix, who was off duty, stopped by and was shot in what Hayden called the “accidental discharge of a weapon.”

The officers then rushed Alix to the hospital, calling police dispatch to report the shooting as they drove. Alix was pronounced dead at St. Louis University Hospital.

She was killed with a revolver, not a department weapon, according to a police source. Alix and the two on-duty male officers were close and often worked together, the source said.

A gun was recovered by investigators at the scene. There was no word on why the officers were all at an officer’s home while two of them were on duty, when policy requires them to be patrolling in their assigned district. It’s not clear who owned the weapon. Hayden would not say how many shots had been fired, how many times Alix had been shot nor whether anyone was in custody.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:19 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 amIt will be interesting to see the facts here. Hopefully nothing more than two colleagues discussing a case, and some serious stupidity with regard to the handling of a firearm.
Hopefully, but, smells ripe for investigating.
I'd almost rather there be something else than serious or even mild stupidity.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

This whole story is sad weird and tragic all at once.

Imagine your chief of police in St. Louis. Jobs hard enough on a regular day.

TimLanders

Post by TimLanders »

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

NRA gun safety rules are simple and absolute! Follow them always and things like this won't happen! :banghead:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

TimLanders wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 pm Officer charged: https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... vfEDmujcg/

Unbelievable. :banghead: I guess common sense is just a thing of the past. Police Officers playing Russian roulette - just wow.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Just because you are a Police Officer doesn’t mean you have any common sense or know squat about firearms.

Return to “Never Again!!”