bblhd672 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:14 am
How do you "empty" but not "fully clear" a revolver? Asking for a moron in Georgia.
The same way I shot a hole in my bedroom ceiling in 1997 with my Model 29 .44 mag. I dumped the rounds into my hand, said to myself, “yeah, that looks like 6”, and started single-action dry-firing the gun next to my left ear.
It was a bad move.
Lesson learned. I’ve never again acted like a ninny with a firearm. I recall a thread on this site a long time ago......heck, it may even have been me who started it.....asking how many of us had ever had a ND. The number is higher than you would expect.
Where this moron went wrong was in agreeing to point a firearm at another human being for any other reason than trying
to shoot him....or making ready to do so. I would personally feel weird doing that, even with a blue plastic dummy gun. I just won’t do it. The moron in the article should have either.
FIRST TWO RULES OF GUN SAFETY:
1. All firearms are loaded, all the time.
2. Never point a firearm at something you’re not willing to destroy.
He violated both. Even my own unbelievable dumb ND happened with the pistol pointed in a safe direction.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.