So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Attempted Carjacking outside Arlington Walmart

Post by Bitter Clinger »

ARLINGTON, Texas - A group of people helped stop a man from carjacking a woman at a Walmart. Others rushed to her rescue when she screamed for help. The attack happened at about 8 p.m. Thursday, in the parking lot of the busy Walmart Neighborhood Market located on North Collins St. in Arlington. Arlington police say grainy surveillance video from the Walmart shows the would-be carjacker casing the parking lot for ten minutes

Police release video of man who tried to carjack woman outside Arlington Walmart

http://www.fox4news.com/news/police-rel ... on-walmart

Had you been there, how would you have reacted? Would you have drawn your firearm to help this woman and detain the suspect who otherwise managed to escape after the assault? Or was it handled correctly by simply videoing the incident?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

joe817

Re: Attempted Carjacking outside Arlington Walmart

Post by joe817 »

I go there all the time. It's in my area and it's right across the street from AT&T Stadium. Had I been there and saw the attack go down, I would probably have pulled my gun to ensure the victim's safety, pull her out of harms way, and let others call for police and further video this creep. I would not have fired as the use of deadly force was not justified(at that time). Had the creep pulled a gun, then all bets are off.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

rotor

Post by rotor »

joe817 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:38 am I go there all the time. It's in my area and it's right across the street from AT&T Stadium. Had I been there and saw the attack go down, I would probably have pulled my gun to ensure the victim's safety, pull her out of harms way, and let others call for police and further video this creep. I would not have fired as the use of deadly force was not justified(at that time). Had the creep pulled a gun, then all bets are off.
Why do you say deadly force was not justified? I believe technically it would have been justified.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

joe817 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:38 am I go there all the time. It's in my area and it's right across the street from AT&T Stadium. Had I been there and saw the attack go down, I would probably have pulled my gun to ensure the victim's safety, pull her out of harms way, and let others call for police and further video this creep. I would not have fired as the use of deadly force was not justified(at that time). Had the creep pulled a gun, then all bets are off.
Pulling your gun in defense of a third party is using deadly force, and you would be justified in doing so if you reasonably believed it was necessary to protect the life of that third party
Deadly force" means force that is intended or known by the actor to cause, or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/pdf/PE.9.pdf
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:09 pm
Pulling your gun in defense of a third party is using deadly force, and you would be justified in doing so if you reasonably believed it was necessary to protect the life of that third party
Deadly force" means force that is intended or known by the actor to cause, or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
It is not deadly force until you pull the trigger. Drawing the firearm and even holding a person at gunpoint is just "force".
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:20 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:09 pm
It is not deadly force until you pull the trigger. Drawing the firearm and even holding a person at gunpoint is just "force".
You’re right, I missed the paragraphs following what I quoted.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Never Again!!”