So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Suspect accused of Deep Ellum assault could face more serious charges

Post by Bitter Clinger »

DALLAS - A woman assaulted in Deep Ellum this week retained an attorney who says the suspect should be facing more serious charges.
Video from a bystander caught part of what happened, including what appeared to be a gun in the suspect's right hand.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/suspect-ac ... us-charges

There appeared no need for him to escalate the situation as he did. Yet we cannot hear what was said and while he knocked her phone out of her hand, she punched him first. Were both in the wrong here? Then why is he the only one being charged? Immediately the civil rights activists demand felony charges. Are they correct or is this political posturing?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Suspect accused of Deep Ellum assault could face more serious charges

Post by crazy2medic »

The man is an idiot, why get that upset over her driving the wrong way on a one way street, that part of Dallas can be confusing, but him acting as he did tells me he probably had a few alcoholic beverages prior to the encounter!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

as my grandmother always say, nothing good happens after 11pm. let along 4am in deep ellum! :nono: but yeah i agree, this dude is toast . add on public intoxication and carrying/brandishing a gun!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

From the video only he deserves jail if not prison. Watching the video only I side with the lady. I don’t understand why he was not charged for pulling the gun.

That said she has hired the worst piece of human flesh on earth as an attorney with the guy who stirred up the march that led to the massacre of the Dallas Policeman in 2016 (plus he is a convicted felon/child abuser) so it set me back a lot from her side so to speak.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Guy is toast.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Guy doesn't have a legal leg to stand on here; but I have to presume her selection of attorney is more about playing the race card then it is about the assault.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

aaangel wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:24 am as my grandmother always say, nothing good happens after 11pm. let along 4am in deep ellum! :nono: but yeah i agree, this dude is toast . add on public intoxication and carrying/brandishing a gun!
There is no such thing in Texas law about "brandishing a gun". Brandish is too open to interpretation and I am glad not to have it in our laws. The closest thing is the specific offense listed below.

PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:...

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 am DALLAS - A woman assaulted in Deep Ellum this week retained an attorney who says the suspect should be facing more serious charges.
Video from a bystander caught part of what happened, including what appeared to be a gun in the suspect's right hand.

There appeared no need for him to escalate the situation as he did. Yet we cannot hear what was said and while he knocked her phone out of her hand, she punched him first. Were both in the wrong here? Then why is he the only one being charged? Immediately the civil rights activists demand felony charges. Are they correct or is this political posturing?
You sound like your siding with this idiot of a human being and justifying his actions. Somebody hits my phone out my hand in n aggressive manner I see that as a potential threat. Then he whips out a gun? He should spend a few years in jail for being a stupid person. It’s him who gives gun owners bad names.
All of this because she was driving down the wrong side of the road?

Zombified

Post by Zombified »

This article has a little more information. It appears she broke a window of his vehicle. He would've been smarter to keep his cool and call the police.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... g-lot-exit

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

Dominique Alexander is child abuser. He passed up the line for a brain. He only has a few words in his vocabulary and racism is number one. This is a horrible situation but Dominique Alexander and Lee Merritt do not help “race relations” if there is such a thing. The truth of the matter is they hurt the victims credibility as far as I am concerned.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:15 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 am DALLAS - A woman assaulted in Deep Ellum this week retained an attorney who says the suspect should be facing more serious charges.

You sound like your siding with this idiot of a human being and justifying his actions. Somebody hits my phone out my hand in n aggressive manner I see that as a potential threat. Then he whips out a gun? He should spend a few years in jail for being a stupid person. It’s him who gives gun owners bad names.
You sound like you side with the "Black Lives Matter" racists. Perhaps you should review the Rodney King episode.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Killadocg23 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 pm

You sound like you side with the "Black Lives Matter" racists. Perhaps you should review the Rodney King episode.
I never said anything about color in my response to your idiotic first post. Now because What I said , I side with black lives matter? If this lady was white would your tone still have been the same? Did I say anything about Black lives matter in my post? No, so why even bring it up? You seem to be the only person here on the side of this guy who pulled a GUN out on a female regardless of her color( had to point that out since you brought up black lives matter for whatever reason). He smacked her phone out her hand with force. To me if some one did that to me I would react too. Maybe you think pulling out a gun like this idiot did would be the solve all problem. He should be thrown in jail.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:23 pm

I never said anything about color in my response to your idiotic first post. Now because What I said , I side with black lives matter? If this lady was white would your tone still have been the same? Did I say anything about Black lives matter in my post? No, so why even bring it up? You seem to be the only person here on the side of this guy who pulled a GUN out on a female regardless of her color( had to point that out since you brought up black lives matter for whatever reason). He smacked her phone out her hand with force. To me if some one did that to me I would react too. Maybe you think pulling out a gun like this idiot did would be the solve all problem. He should be thrown in jail.
I did not take sides. You completely misinterpreted my post and jumped all over me. You don't seem to like that kind of treatment when you are on the receiving end.

Get the facts, make an informed judgement.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Would it be a “hate crime” if both victim and suspect were the same race? If not then I would have to conclude that anyone calling for suspect to be charged with a “hate crime” is racist. In fact, it seems the concept of a “hate crime” is racist and sexist and homophobic and Islamophobic and transphobic and ableist and just insufficiently “woke” all around.... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad Story :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Never Again!!”