So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Negligent Discharge In Restaurant

Post by carlson1 »

http://concealednation.org/2019/03/my-f ... n+Firearms
Then, what news articles are calling accidental, when it’s actually negligence, a man seated at one of the tables loses his gun. It falls out of his sweatpants pocket and onto the floor.

It discharges.

And it hits someone in the leg that was walking by.

JRG

Re: Negligent Discharge In Restaurant

Post by JRG »

Why would you ever, ever carry a loaded gun not in a holster? Pretty stupid!

Joe

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

I keep trying to imagine what pistol would fire if dropped? SAA is the one comes to mind, however a 1911 prior to the A1 if it was carried round in the chamber hammer down would discharge if it landed on the hammer, not carrying a pistol in a holster is really stupid but I still have questions
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Was he FBI, did it discharge when he grabbed it off the floor?

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

JRG wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 pm Why would you ever, ever carry a loaded gun not in a holster? Pretty stupid!

Joe
:iagree:

Very stupid, but for some irrational reason, men carry micro guns with exposed triggers in their pants pockets and women do the same in their purse.

There are guys on this forum that admit to doing the same like it is no big deal. Just a matter of time before some doofus in aisle 7 at Walmart decides to reach into his pocket to scratch his sack, only to fire off a round and hit me right square in the keister as i walk past.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Comment from the article:
On another point, who wears sweatpants outside their home?!!?
On a side note, have you ever been to Wal-Mart? People wear their pajamas to Wal-Mart. :biggrinjester:

But seriously, holsters help prevent NG's. Even the cheap Uncle Mike's ones that covers the trigger.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I slipped on a wet floor at work, fell on my side where my 1911 cocked and locked in a leather holster was. When I got up I thought, wow gun didn't go off. I think I was lucky.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

striker55 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am I slipped on a wet floor at work, fell on my side where my 1911 cocked and locked in a leather holster was. When I got up I thought, wow gun didn't go off. I think I was lucky.
Despite want some think, the 1911 is a very safe platform so long as you aware of and utilize it's safeties! I carry a Paraordnance it's carried cocked and locked! There would be no reason for a 1911 to discharge just from falling on it! The slide safety would have to fail, the grip safety would have to fail and the firing pin lock up would have to fail for the pistol to fire! If it fell out of the holster while you were demonstrating your dance moves it will not fire unless you intended for it to do so!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Hard to tell what kind of gun. I recall the original Ruger LCP was recalled for a fix, because it could discharge if dropped (DA with one in the pipe).
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 am
striker55 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am I slipped on a wet floor at work, fell on my side where my 1911 cocked and locked in a leather holster was. When I got up I thought, wow gun didn't go off. I think I was lucky.
Despite want some think, the 1911 is a very safe platform so long as you aware of and utilize it's safeties! I carry a Paraordnance it's carried cocked and locked! There would be no reason for a 1911 to discharge just from falling on it! The slide safety would have to fail, the grip safety would have to fail and the firing pin lock up would have to fail for the pistol to fire! If it fell out of the holster while you were demonstrating your dance moves it will not fire unless you intended for it to do so!
Yes mine is a Para also.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Darwin award winner :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Deltaboy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:47 pm Darwin award winner :tiphat:
:headscratch Unless I missed it, he didn't shoot and kill himself.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

The most important safety is between the ears (this guys missed that one). The second and third are keep the trigger covered and the firearm secured. After that the 4 laws of gun safety take over.

p.s., I still can't imagine what it was that it discharged on impact...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Never Again!!”