Woman gets 4 years after son takes gun to Indiana school

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Woman gets 4 years after son takes gun to Indiana school

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:07 am
HARTFORD CITY, Ind. (AP) - An eastern Indiana woman whose 15-year-old son took a handgun to school has been sentenced to four years in prison.

The Star Press reports she acknowledged to investigators she was aware her son had a firearm, but never discussed the matter with him.
https://www.wndu.com/content/news/Woman ... 12351.html
Nothing about what happened to the son. I wasted my time reading the article. You're reader's digest post was just as informative.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

AndyC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 am
puma guy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 amYou're reader's digest post was just as informative.
* Your

Sorry you didn't like the précis - it was based upon the tiny amount of info publicly-available but again, you're welcome to do better.
I think he liked your synopsis. I saw the above quote as a dig at the original article (i.e. waste of time reading the article, the synopsis communicated all the relevant information in a more concise fashion).

Outnumbered

Post by Outnumbered »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:45 am I think he liked your synopsis. I saw the above quote as a dig at the original article (i.e. waste of time reading the article, the synopsis communicated all the relevant information in a more concise fashion).
:iagree:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Outnumbered wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am
Papa_Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:45 am I think he liked your synopsis. I saw the above quote as a dig at the original article (i.e. waste of time reading the article, the synopsis communicated all the relevant information in a more concise fashion).
:iagree:
That was my take as well.
What is it that we teach in the LTC course? Only 7% of communication is expressed in the choice of words that we use. The other 93% (tone, gestures, etc.) holds the bulk of the communication...and that is completely missing in online messages such as this.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

She didn't give him the gun but she was aware he had it. So she gets four years in prison.

On the other hand, the local paper says:
“I realize my actions have affected the whole community, and I’m very regretful,” said Williams, who had 11 prior felony convictions.
Also found a report of how the 15 year old got the stolen gun https://www.thestarpress.com/story/news ... 859614002/
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 am
puma guy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 am Nothing about what happened to the son. I wasted my time reading the article.
Don't shoot the messenger; I didn't write it. That's all I can find on this story - you're welcome to dig up more if you can.
puma guy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 amYou're reader's digest post was just as informative.
* Your

Sorry you didn't like the précis - it was based upon the tiny amount of info publicly-available but again, you're welcome to do better.
Andy,
I was critiquing the lack of information in the article and trying to give you credit for condensing it, i.e. your précis, not criticizing you. My comment about the son was directed at the author. I apologize if it came across as being critical of you personally. I get frustrated with what passes for journalism. There was a post a while back about a shooting over a parking space and I made a comment about the article being no more informative than saying "Woman and man argue about parking spot; man shot!".
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

tbrown wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:48 pm She didn't give him the gun but she was aware he had it. So she gets four years in prison.

On the other hand, the local paper says:
“I realize my actions have affected the whole community, and I’m very regretful,” said Williams, who had 11 prior felony convictions.
Also found a report of how the 15 year old got the stolen gun https://www.thestarpress.com/story/news ... 859614002/
Anyone else notice how, the school gets locked down because another student let adults know the kid had a gun. They decide to then search the bags of all the students that DIDN'T do it...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “Never Again!!”