Chuck e Cheese: Father changing his daughter’s diaper reaches into diaper bag. Shoots himself and his daughter

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Chuck e Cheese: Father changing his daughter’s diaper reaches into diaper bag. Shoots himself and his daughter

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672

Re: Chuck e Cheese: Father changing his daughter’s diaper reaches into diaper bag. Shoots himself and his daughter

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

howdy

Re: Chuck e Cheese: Father changing his daughter’s diaper reaches into diaper bag. Shoots himself and his daughter

Post by howdy »

There is a lot we don't know about this and I guess we will never know.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Sounds like another reason for ON-BODY carry.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

dlh

Post by dlh »

"Israeli Carry" would have prevented this tragedy.
Anticipating the blow-back of my comment I know you can link the Youtube experts who say carry ready is the way to go and all he needed was a proper holster to protect the trigger.
However, I have seen way too many negligent discharges like this in the news since I have been carrying over the last 5 years.
I recommend each carrier do a risk-benefit analysis of the issue. If I had to work daily in parts of Chicago then yes I would probably carry ready. However, I live on a rural ranch and if go into town it is also a small town with little criminal activity so in my case Israeli Carry makes more sense.
We can all agree that a firearm in battery without a proper trigger guard placed in a diaper bag is beyond stupid.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for the family.
I know this was in Alabama and not sure what their rules, if any, for posting are but I have been in exactly 3 different Chucky Cheese's in 3 different states over the last 20 years :oops: :oops: and all have been posted with whatever was legal for that state (30.06 for Texas). Now granted, it has been many years since I was last in one (thank goodness) but would bet they are still posted
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero

Post by flechero »

dlh wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 am "Israeli Carry" would have prevented this tragedy.
Lots of things would have prevented it... unfortunately, carelessness and complacency did not.

(no blow back to your comment- it was correct... whether it's right for all is a whole different discussion)

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am Prayers for the family.
I know this was in Alabama and not sure what their rules, if any, for posting are but I have been in exactly 3 different Chucky Cheese's in 3 different states over the last 20 years :oops: :oops: and all have been posted with whatever was legal for that state (30.06 for Texas). Now granted, it has been many years since I was last in one (thank goodness) but would bet they are still posted

The incident occurred outside CEC in the backseat of his vehicle.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Glad the little kid is going to be okay. However, despite whatever reason they had a handgun in a diaper bag, if it had been in a proper holster, this incident wouldn't have occurred. I'll leave it at that.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I was in the one in Sherman recently it was only 30.07 posted. It used to be 30.06 though.
N5PNZ

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

2farnorth wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am
I was in the one in Sherman recently it was only 30.07 posted. It used to be 30.06 though.
i suspect that will change.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 am Sounds like another reason for ON-BODY carry.
another reason to holster loaded handguns ... if they are not in your hand, they should be in a holster regardless of on-body or off ... it is this kind of irresponsible nonsense that gives the gun community a bad name with those who wish to control, restrict, and otherwise infringe on our rights. We do not need to give ammunition to the enemy.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent what a Tragedy! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

Deltaboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm Prayers sent what a Tragedy! :tiphat:
:iagree: poor girl
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Return to “Never Again!!”