Lack of situational awareness + no plan to act

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lack of situational awareness + no plan to act

Post by Lynyrd »

The agressor was wrong. But the first wrong was the father sending kids into the street on minibikes. The father is an idiot. The shooter is an idiot. The kids were just doing what their father told them to do. Two wrongs don't make a right. But this dad should be taken to task for his poor judgement just the same as the shooter.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm The agressor was wrong. But the first wrong was the father sending kids into the street on minibikes. The father is an idiot. The shooter is an idiot. The kids were just doing what their father told them to do. Two wrongs don't make a right. But this dad should be taken to task for his poor judgement just the same as the shooter.
You know how everyone here loves to tell of having a shotgun in the window of their trucks when they were kids? Well, we rode our mini bikes all up and down the streets when we were kids. Just the same, all that jerk had to do was talk to the father. Slapping that kid on the helmet was wrong.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:00 pmI wonder why they left off attempted murder?
I was taught to not charge attempted murder unless you had proof that the person intended to kill. If the suspect was shouting something along those lines, then you went with the attempted murder charge. Otherwise, you went with agg assault because it is much easier to prove. The culpable mental state is lower. And the penalty for both is the same, so go with the easier one to prove.

I do know some people who prefer the shotgun method of charging them with everything they think might apply, hoping more will stick, but I was taught to only charge what you were sure you could prove. I prefer the way I was taught as a philosophy also.
Steve Rothstein

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by narcissist »

RSX11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Does anybody have any follow-up information? Was the assailant charged with attempted murder
The shooter, RIchard Lindem, was charged with 3rd degree felony child abuse, aggravated assault, and discharging a firearm. He was heavily intoxicated when arrested.

Interestingly, the father was interviewed on camera, and stated that he was advancing toward Lindem intending to kick his butt - I wonder if Lindem's defense will be able to do anything with that statement? I wouldn't think so, but, I'm no laywer.
Any jury should be able to see why the father would state that or even want to act upon it. Doubt it would be a great defense?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Those plastic tires on those kiddie rides should be illegal. They are noise pollution at it's loudest when ran on a city street as well as otherwise being illegal and irresponsible.

That doesn't excuse the gun toter but everyone does not enjoy other people's spawn.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

John Correia, Active Self Protection, posted a discussion of this incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW5mZf0FKC4
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Eh, the minibike thing could probably have been solved with adult discussion...at the least a LEO call in. I used to ride my dirt bike in the street in my neighborhood, it was kinda normal back then in my part of town. Not legal but not the end of the world. Of course, there is always a bit more to the story; these kids could have been ripping around on those things for months.

Both those “adults” are idiots and their actions are completely inexcusable. However, if I saw another man put a hand on one of my kid’s like that I’d be seeing red. Just saying.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by narcissist »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 pm Those plastic tires on those kiddie rides should be illegal. They are noise pollution at it's loudest when ran on a city street as well as otherwise being illegal and irresponsible.

That doesn't excuse the gun toter but everyone does not enjoy other people's spawn.
:smilelol5: Truth
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Never Again!!”