So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Harris County Deputy shoots father of woman who called 911 about intruder

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -thursday/

Woman also called father as well as 911.

Father got there first.

Important not to be identified as the bad guy.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Harris County Deputy shoots father of woman who called 911 about intruder

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:07 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -thursday/

Woman also called father as well as 911.

Father got there first.

Important not to be identified as the bad guy.
This almost happened to me.

10 or so years ago my daughter had just purchased her first home in Allen. She woke up to a crashing sound downstairs and for some reason called me first. I lived about 15-20 minutes away in Plano. I told her to dial 911 and I was on my way. I made it in about 5 minutes as it was late at night with no traffic. I blew through every light after checking for cross traffic. Well I arrived just ahead of the Allen police department. She was holed up in her bedroom with her firearm ready waiting for someone to arrive.Her storm door was locked and I did not have the key so I was trying to get it open with my credit card. I had forgotten my cell phone in my rush to leave the house and could not tell her I was out front. As I was headed for the gate to get around back, I saw a flash light out of my peripheral vision so stopped trying to get in and haulered out she was my daughter. Thank goodness Allen cops are not trigger happy as it could have been real bad for me. They had parked around the corner and were sneaking up in the dark. Turned out her ferrets had knocked a metal water bottle off the side of the cage and it set off her glass shatter alarm. I was carrying concealed so they never saw my weapon. Thank goodness.

Return to “Never Again!!”